Box Shape & Port Location

Participant count
  • Participant list

2015Ram

New here have been doing tons of research with all dead ends. I have a 2015 ram regular cab that's limited on space. My current setup is two JL 13TW5's each getting 500 watts rms from separate Alpine amps my trucks been upgraded to all 0 gauge wire excess power 3400 battery 250amp alt. With the current setup the 13TW5's are only designed for a sealed box and they don't hit the lows like I want so even though I'm $1700 in im going to scrap the setup and I'm going to attempt to remove my center seat from the truck and build a box for 1 sundown audio nightshade 15 in a ported box. My two questions are. Does it matter what shape the box is as long as I have the recommended 4.24 cubs and does port location matter? I can't get to 4.24 cubs with just a center console box, the box will have to basically be built like building a behind the seat wedge box that runs the width of the truck with a basic square box off it as the center console any ideas? This picture is what the interior of my truck looks like.

New here have been doing tons of research with all dead ends. I have a 2015 ram regular cab that's limited on space. My current setup is two JL 13TW5's each getting 500 watts rms from separate Alpine amps my trucks been upgraded to all 0 gauge wire excess power 3400 battery 250amp alt. With the current setup the 13TW5's are only designed for a sealed box and they don't hit the lows like I want so even though I'm $1700 in im going to scrap the setup and I'm going to attempt to remove my center seat from the truck and build a box for 1 sundown audio nightshade 15 in a ported box. My two questions are. Does it matter what shape the box is as long as I have the recommended 4.24 cubs and does port location matter? I can't get to 4.24 cubs with just a center console box, the box will have to basically be built like building a behind the seat wedge box that runs the width of the truck with a basic square box off it as the center console any ideas? This picture is what the interior of my truck looks like.
Doesnt matter about the shape all that matters is having enough Net cubic feet which is after subtracting the space the sub and port takes up. Have the port and sub firing back into the rear truck wall if possible if not, sub up, port back is fine as well mainly need the port firing back to the truck wall to load off a solid wall if you want any chance of getting loud. If you dont have that much space, use a 6 or 8 inch sonotube for a round port which needs less port area to work vs a slot port. That nightshade will want a whole lot more than your current amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.