Major Voltage Issue: Bad Battery?

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
Hey guys, about a week ago (queue Bobby Shmurda meme) I noticed my sub amp start to cut in and out at high volumes. This happened for a few days, then my 4 channel started to do the same.

Not to long after, on cranking the car up I read 13.8V. My normal is 14.2v. Slowly turning the music up significantly drops my voltage. I’m now unable to go full tilt without everything cutting off.

Electrical consists of a Mechman 240, Big 3 1/0 OFC, Walmart 5 year battery (has only been 3 1/2 years), Marine terminals with wing nuts.

Here is a video showing my situation. In the video you can see before even CRANKING the car, I was at a measly 6v. Watch what happens when I crank it and let it run for just a few seconds. The volt meter goes dark and so do my amps.

I’ve heard bad ground, bad wiring, bad battery etc. I’ve had this same setup for quite a while and have never had this issue. Thank youuuu!

That doesn’t explain why the amps are cutting out and why the voltage is sluggish. The voltmeter is showing what the amps see.

Just run down and get the battery checked. Or at least get a multi-meter and check your voltage at the battery when your vehicle is running and then check it after it sits overnight. Your battery is still under warranty if you do need a new one. Check and tighten up all your wiring connections as well. Check the voltage before and after your inline fuses also.

well… it’s not a bad battery. the alternator still charges the battery just fine. all the electronics in the car work perfect except for these two amps. what could this be!?

well… it’s not a bad battery. the alternator still charges the battery just fine. all the electronics in the car work perfect except for these two amps. what could this be!?
the volt meter could read 5v and the battery would be sitting at 14.3v. i’m at a loss. bad amps maybe??

This is currently what my voltage at the amps is at with the car off (notice how dark the volt meters screen is)

have had a power supply line corroded in the middle of a JL 4ga power wire that was a culprit in the past.I only found it after ripping it out and removing the sleeve /stripping the casing off to find it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...