Low hz rumble though sub only while stereo is on

krystofir2009

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 8, 2021
U.S.A.
Low hz rumble though sub only while stereo is on i have 2 0awg power and 2 0awg grounds plus aditional grounds connecting bed and cab of truck to frame. seems like a ground loop but i cant find it. i have a skar zvx15d.2 v.3 and a RP2000D

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Low hz rumble though sub only while stereo is on i have 2 0awg power and 2 0awg grounds plus aditional grounds connecting bed and cab of truck to frame. seems like a ground loop but i cant find it. i have a skar zvx15d.2 v.3 and a RP2000D
Where are your signal cables running? Are they near the power cables? If it is an aftermarket head unit... is it grounded well?

krystofir2009

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 8, 2021
U.S.A.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Power remote and v meter wires down driver's side And high end 6ch shielded coaxial bundle down pass side. The ground For the stereo is factory ground

Attachments

krystofir2009

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 8, 2021
U.S.A.
Power remote and v meter wires down driver's side And high end 6ch shielded coaxial bundle down pass side. The ground For the stereo is factory ground
Hope it's not my signal wires in the photo (blue) because I'll Have to remove my 220lb box

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Hmmm, hard to say. If it is "humming" at idle, no music playing... I would start physically touching cables and wires with your bare hand. Many times a suspect cable will either silence or amplify the hum. Then you can trace that wire or cable and correct the connection usually. Just a suggestion. It may or may not yield a result.

krystofir2009

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 8, 2021
U.S.A.
Hmmm, hard to say. If it is "humming" at idle, no music playing... I would start physically touching cables and wires with your bare hand. Many times a suspect cable will either silence or amplify the hum. Then you can trace that wire or cable and correct the connection usually. Just a suggestion. It may or may not yield a result.
It's not Humming it sounds exactly like my exhaust Its weird

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Sounds like a bad or weak ground ..did you ground to the body or frame ? Body and seat bolts are very bad ground spots in a truck on a high powered system... also its always best to measure your ground resistance in larger installs ...

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
"Motorboating" is almost always a ground issue, follow the steps outlined above to isolate the problem area and you'll be golden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds