Participant count
  • Participant list

Husmann4
10+ year member

Yeah, ok I know that the lanzar vct2010 is a cheap amp and all but will it work for me? I am a sixteen year old and am new to all this car audio stuff. Im not too serious about this stuff atleast right now and am on a budget. Like im not going for competitions or anything but I want my 2005 silverado to have a good sound system for chillin with my friends. I mean I want 2 $200 door speakers for the front and 2 small subwoofers for the back for like $150 - $200 or like one bigger one. People have told me that I need an amplifier if i want good speakers and bass. I will be running a Pioneer DEH-P4000 as my head unit. I just want good quality music with good highs and mids with very present bass that I can feel. Please help and give me suggestions on what I should do

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RUN THAT AMP THEN!

Ditch it if you have it and do not buy it if you don't. If you want good sound you are straying way out in left field. You can buy a good used amp/amps here and yes save your money to get something good, otherwise you will be unhappy just like the 38239052309 people I have seen who get good speakers/subs and complete crap for powering them.

Not knowing what kind of subs your getting makes it impossible to tell you whether or not that amp will work. It depends on the subs that you get. I will tell you though that for subs you should look into something by alpine..as in maybe Two Alpine type R's or anything alpine makes in the "type" series. I think they would possibly do what you're looking for them to do on a budget. But I will also say that you should have two separate amps one for your substage and one for your speaker stage.

Because you have a truck you should probably find "shallow mount boxes" of something that can fit in your truck so that you don't have to give up for backseat for your subs.

You can keep writing on this or add me as a friend and talk to me from there...if you want more answers or help.

I just saw Matts post, and I completely agree with him on that. Quality is the most important especially if you just want something to sound good. The classifieds here is amazing if you take advantage of it. Another thing is your local craigslist (it can save you shipping, and on occasion you can find a lot of good stuff there)

thanks people. So where would the shallow box go? Like the only reason I didnt want a big thing because I dont want to give up my backseat or atleast all of it. I was going to go for some crappy door subwoofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.