New Brz2400.1d or Used AQ2200 ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

4x4runner
10+ year member

I am powering a solo x 18 at 1 ohm . i had the brz2400 working for 1 day , was impressed with the output,however smoked up after 1 day, Returned , they are out of stock now, got a refund, have to have one by end of next week. So for about the same price i can get a new brz2400 or a used aq2200. Which one will put more power out? the brz2400 is cea rated and 2400 at 1 ohm, aq 2200 @ 1 ohm. I'm thinking aq but im afraid i get it and be dissapointed with the output compared to the hifonics?

i think most people on here are going to say aq,

because they are considered a way more quality amplifier since the AQ company is related to the DD company.

i dont have any experience with the brz series but ive had my bxi2006 for years and hasnt smoked, i think you would need at least two these amps you are conidering.

I really don't think the solo x can take more than 2500 rms daily pounding. they smell up quick with lots of power even with a clean signal. They can not take 5000 rms as kicker says in experience with them. im just concerned of having lower output with the aq than brz . however the brz lasting one day kinad puts me off on gettign another even though it was a 1% chance of me getting a defective one

90 amp alt , yellow top up front, deep cycle in back , all 1/0 , big 3 done, all i need now is a bigger alt to be complete, however have run a kicker 2500.1 , orion 2500d on the same set up without dropping below 13

no, i had first bought a bxi1606d(1600w), but it crapped out right on power up, so i paid the extra to go ahead and get the bxi2006d(2000w), i had that pushing 2 15" L7s, that was like mid 2007.

i have the bxi2006d running right now on 2 cerwin vega 10s, but thats just a temp system, im doing a whole upgrade, just got my dc power alt in, dd 9515g, 2 powerbass xa3000s 3 sprinter batts, trying to get it in this weekend

had the brz 2400 running my btl 18 for a while and loved it and only paid 276 shipped for it,but the btl needed more power so i sold it, but its a solid amp and if you can get a new one for the same price of a used aq i would go wit the brz,you have to look at that amp as a mb quart 2400 that's basically what your getting

I am going to go against forum boner rationale and say get the Hifonics...You will NOT hear an audible difference between 2200 and 2400rms. The AQ might be a little more durable under 1ohm, but it doesnt sound like you are gonna run that low. I have a aq3500d, and personally, I think it sounds like **** (some say sq differnce in class d is inaudible, I dont think so)...so for the price, u can get used, which can mean any number of things or new, which although it did burn up, that warranty was **** nice wasnt it?......The only downfall here, is that if you dont have solid electrical, the BRZ supposedly loses 18% of output for every drop of 1 volt.

I am going to go against forum boner rationale and say get the Hifonics...You will NOT hear an audible difference between 2200 and 2400rms. The AQ might be a little more durable under 1ohm, but it doesnt sound like you are gonna run that low. I have a aq3500d, and personally, I think it sounds like **** (some say sq differnce in class d is inaudible, I dont think so)...so for the price, u can get used, which can mean any number of things or new, which although it did burn up, that warranty was **** nice wasnt it?......The only downfall here, is that if you dont have solid electrical, the BRZ supposedly loses 18% of output for every drop of 1 volt.
i think thats with the other models the brz is alot more Efficient than the hifi or brutus amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.