Just ordered a new sub!

Hmmm. 4" coil sub for 150$. If the whole 7" spider thing was a misprint that's pretty cool. AFAIK most subs with 4" coil use 10" spider though. It also makes you wonder if it'll be possible to recone if you blow it up.

Use "Amazing Goop" glue to put on dustcap. Super glue is prone to failing (even the rubberized CA glue). Goop is really good for dustcaps and repairing torn surrounds.

My GF has my camera in her bag at work. She's going to be home at 2 PM. I will say that this sub is very well put together. The VC is huge and I spot a ton of cooper in there. The suspension is VERY stiff and almost unmovable. The surround isn't as big as the picture suggests but it is still "oversized". I'd say it has 10% more cone area then your typical 15. The triple stacked magnet is a little bit of a downer. It isn't as big as I was expecting. It is three 73.3oz slugs for a magnet total weight of 220oz. It looks a little small but that is most likely because I'm used to seeing BTLs and Level 5s. I got to remember that this sub is rated for 1200 RMS.

I'm not sure how big the spider is. There is about 2.5-3 inches on each side of the VC. The sub is only rated for 15mm of xmax. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif It does however have an FS of 22hz and a 97dB efficiency rating.

T/S Parameters:

FS: 22Hz

Qes: .52

Qms: 2.1

Qts: .45

Xmax: 15mm

Efficiency (1W/1m) 97dB

sd: .0979M^2

Re: 2x3.6 ohm

Power Handling: 1200 RMS

I'm not sure how big the spider is. There is about 2.5-3 inches on each side of the VC. The sub is only rated for 15mm of xmax. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif It does however have an FS of 22hz and a 97dB efficiency rating.
LOL @ 15mm x-max + 22hz fs. AFAIK "efficiency" rating is a useless spec for modern subwoofers since it is generally derived from TSP calculations only and is typically at a frequency well outside what you'd ever use it for. I believe that (and a lot of other TSP numbers) are only terribly relevent for more traditional applications like 8" full range home cabinets and such.

Still, for the money it looks a hell of a lot better than most offerings and I'd suspect it would take 1200W 24/7. Tuned in for reviews.

LOL @ 15mm x-max + 22hz fs. AFAIK "efficiency" rating is a useless spec for modern subwoofers since it is generally derived from TSP calculations only and is typically at a frequency well outside what you'd ever use it for. I believe that (and a lot of other TSP numbers) are only terribly relevent for more traditional applications like 8" full range home cabinets and such.
Still, for the money it looks a hell of a lot better than most offerings and I'd suspect it would take 1200W 24/7. Tuned in for reviews.
Review coming soon today!

What kid of box should I build for this bad boy? I'm gonna get pics up tonight and then tomorrow...videos. I'm thinking 4 cubes tuned to 29hz. It will be powered by a Kicker 08ZX1500.1. The Kicker amp puts out 1500 RMS at 2 ohm. The sub is rated for 1200 RMS. Dual 4 ohm coil.

Just remember, when you blow it putting 1500+rms to it, drop splaudio a pm with the id and od of the gap and see what he can do with it. Should be a first for him. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.