Can any one rebuild an 8" sub?

kottonmouthking
10+ year member

Kansas
I have a old boston acoustics competitor 800 series driver, it seized up on me a couple years ago. I just found this thing the other day and its really the only thing I have that will fit in my truck. So if anyone could rebuild this or know somebody that can rebuild it I would appreciate any help.

i can recone with Jakes spl coil flat wound alum for a lil more.

Jake pretty much maxed out the sa line up, its one of the few lines i really cant beef up.

i have ran 1600rms to a sa8 for a few days and didnt damage. would say thermally the coil will handle 1krms IF amp is set up properly and sub is in the rite box. i used the full 1600rms and would handle for about 1.5 mins before it would get hot...

i can recone with Jakes spl coil flat wound alum for a lil more.
Jake pretty much maxed out the sa line up, its one of the few lines i really cant beef up.

i have ran 1600rms to a sa8 for a few days and didnt damage. would say thermally the coil will handle 1krms IF amp is set up properly and sub is in the rite box. i used the full 1600rms and would handle for about 1.5 mins before it would get hot...
how much more rms would the upgraded coil give me?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.