Joeys New Build 07 Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
left with the truck at $28K. I pay for it every month, and insurance and gas. I got full scholarship to college and i work almost full time, thats why the build is taking so long

Looks like its coming out pretty nicely. Nothing wrong with spending money I guess as long as ya got it. When your done with the install wanna ship some of them tools my way lol, porter cable makes some pretty nice stuff.

While your at it where's the supercharger and exhaust and lift and other good for a 4x4 lol.

Gonna need some good highs/mids to keep up with 2 fully loaded BTL's but your definitely going overboard, 2 sets up front well placed I think would look better and sound just as good, maybe run 2 sets of what you got with some 8" mid bass that would be pretty sweet.

They are a ***** especially when you get all the amps,subs,and boxes in there.I had to drop the rear seats down tilt the front ones back and it was still a ***** to work out of there!!Good luck.

alright here's a couple pics from last night, and some from this morning. I got the car all cleaned up, some wires ran and almost ready to be put back together

RCAsandwires001.jpg

Mom's new whip

RCAsandwires002.jpg

RCAsandwires003.jpg

RCAsandwires004.jpg

Ok back to mine lol

RCAsandwires005.jpg

i let this get way too messy

RCAsandwires006.jpg

all cleaned up now

RCAsandwires007.jpg

reverse light for backup camera

RCAsandwires008.jpg

Ran a few wires, not quite sure for what yet lol but just to prepare for the future

RCAsandwires009.jpg

RCAsandwires010.jpg

RCAsandwires016.jpg

RCAsandwires017.jpg

RCAsandwires018.jpg

RCAsandwires019.jpg

RCAsandwires020.jpg

Needed to get lots of wires up into the center console, is where my preamp/eq will be

This had to come out

RCAsandwires021.jpg

All my panels

RCAsandwires022.jpg

RCAsandwires023.jpg

RCAsandwires024.jpg

RCAsandwires025.jpg

RCA's under the carpet, right down the center of the car away from ALL factory or power wires

ALL these need to go up.

RCAsandwires031.jpg

Lost my hole saw lol

RCAsandwires032.jpg

RCAsandwires033.jpg

RCAsandwires034.jpg

RCAsandwires035.jpg

RCAsandwires036.jpg

RCAsandwires037.jpg

Back to looking stock

RCAsandwires038.jpg

Inside console

RCAsandwires039.jpg

Thats all i got for now, hopefully run the speaker wires, put most of the panels back on and do the alt tomorrow!

got my alt!! this thing is badass. thanks alot to steve for hookin me up. He also threw in a shirt and a sticker which will DEF be going on my car when the build is finished. He's the MAN! here's a few pics.. i hope to get it installed by the end of this weekend

smdalt001.jpg

smdalt002.jpg

smdalt003.jpg

smdalt004.jpg

smdalt005.jpg

smdalt006.jpg

smdalt007.jpg

smdalt008.jpg

smdalt009.jpg

that was frustrating as hell.. i've been working for hours and i feel like i didnt get **** done. well i did, but not as much as i should. everything is prepped for the alt, its just gotta be put in now, that will be done early in the morning. here's a few pics, nothing exciting but hard work still.

sorry for the camera phone pics, cant find my camera charger

cut the wires to length

solderingandfirstSMDsale004.jpg

ghetto ass "vice" lol

solderingandfirstSMDsale005.jpg

solderingandfirstSMDsale006.jpg

solderingandfirstSMDsale007.jpg

solderingandfirstSMDsale008.jpg

solderingandfirstSMDsale009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity