Help. Subs pulsing rapidly at high volumes but no sound

I'm being serious. Why I would troll my own thread looking for assistance? seems counterproductive. I checked my ground, resecurred everything and posted the other things I found out, but will certainly post a clear picture of my ground. That's not a problem.
Didn't mean to be snarky, my fault.

Didn't mean to be snarky, my

There's my ground. I cleaned it up some. I thought It had worked fine with the two previous amps I had installed, but since I have put my new one in and eliminated the LOC, I've been having this problem

http [/QUOTE

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like red/pink paint. Should be scraped off to bare metal. Until you see shiny aluminum like metal.
It's scraped off under there where the clamp for the wire is. That's just a large washer covering the top of it. I reused a bolt from the truck that was holding the jack and parts tray behind the rear seat

Oh i c. It doesn't look like it's scraped enough but hard to tell with that big washer over it. Also is that your ground wire I see in the pic (2 spots)coming from the amp? Looks way too long.

Oh i c. It doesn't look like it's scraped enough but hard to tell with that big washer over it. Also is that your ground wire I see in the pic (2 spots)coming from the amp? Looks way too long.

Yes it is. It's probably a 1' long maybe a little more. I can eliminate some of it, but wasn't sure how much I would need once I actually mount the amp, but I didn't want to mount it until I get this situation sorted out. It's difficult to tell from the picture for deference. The amp is only about 8" away from that pillar (where the power wire comes out of)

Ok.
Another question: Is that big washer touching the paint at all?
I don't think so. It is hoverign just slightly above it. I can slide a piece of paper under it and a little bit of speaker wire. I think it only rests on the terminal clamp

ok just askin'/making sure.

No. No worries. Ask anything. I just want to get this thing working right. It's a little worrisome hearing it cut out or looking back and seeing the sub working fast without anything hitting. I may end up trying to put an LOC back in to see if it fixes it. Just will **** because I have mine to my brother so we could get his sub installed. ***** to have to go get a second one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.