Help on system planning 10 speaker 2 subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Paul Personette

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi needed some advice on how to put this all together. Currently have a Ram 1500 2018. I set it up with new kickers all around 2 front 2 front door 2 R door and added a sub. I have accumulated some additional parts amps a 8” skar sub. Two front a pillar speaker pods etc. Here is a list I want to build a nice amp rack and put it all or some of it together. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Rockford

R 600x5 current

R300x4 current

R500dx1 mono current

1500w x 5 channel jp95 dowb4sound Amp new

Kenwood xr600-6 DSP with maestro new

Audio Control Lc7i current

2 3.5 ksc kickers current

2 Skar 1” 320 watt tweeter new

2 db-18 tw120b 200w tweeter new

4 6x9 kickers current

1 12” pioneer sub current

1 8” skar sub new

I think you're kinda all over the map with the equipment options. Looks like 21 channels of amplification? What is the end game, what is your goal for sound?
Balls to the wall loud at any cost?

More is not always better. installation, tuning, just as important if not more important than jamming a ton of equipment in a little space.

What is the trim/model. Ext cab, crew cab, club cab?
Upgraded Factory HU?
Why the DSp and the LC7i?
LC7i or Lc7i pro? (they have different fixed frequency subsonic crossovers)
Why multiple tweeters?

Which Db18 or DS18?
Which pioneer sub?
Which Skar sub?
Which Kicker 4x6s, 3.5's?

Looks like close to a 4000 watt cumulative total in output.
How is everything even going to be connected?
Electrical upgrades?
HO alternator or stock?

Establish some of that criteria and I'm sure you'll get more input.

;)

Last edited:
2018 Ram 1500 big horn crew cab 5.7 factory system with out amplifier original 3 1/2 on dash. 6x9 on all doors.
I would delete the dash and only use the door speakers. If I were to keep the dash, I would run them off the radio. If you want to keep the fader option, I would make two runs of Speed 9 wire from the back of the radio to under the rear seat. One run will splice into the door speakers, the other into the door speaker outputs from the radio.

More information needed of vehicle as stated
I think you're kinda all over the map with the equipment options. Looks like 21 channels of amplification? What is the end game, what is your goal for sound?

More is not always better. installation, tuning, just as important if not more important than jamming a ton of equipment in a little space.

Upgraded Factory HU?
Why multiple tweeters?

Which Db18 or DS18?
Which pioneer sub?
Which Skar sub?

Electrical upgrades?
HO alternator or stock?

;)
2018 Ram 1500 big horn crew cab 5.7 factory system with out amplifier original 3 1/2 on dash. 6x9 on all doors.

Upgraded Factory HU?
Why multiple tweeters?

Which Db18 or DS18?
Which pioneer sub?
Which Skar sub?

Electrical upgrades?
HO alternator or stock?

;)
I’m not sure I think the end product is I want something to sound good at all levels my 2018 ram 1500 crew cab cam with the 8 “ Uconnect screen so I wanted to keep the all the controls stock but wanted to be able to add speakers and subs. So it was recommended to use the audio control lc7i. So I got that added some amps the Rockford fosgates on the list and added one side woofer the 12” Panasonic comp. Then I found these a pillar pods that I already had speakers for so I added them. I got a Skar 8” sub with the other enclosure for the other rear seat and no I’m trying to figure out how to incorporate some or most of the speakers and both the subs. Also a friend of mine gave me a Kenwood x

Upgraded Factory HU?
Why multiple tweeters?

Which Db18 or DS18?
Which pioneer sub?
Which Skar sub?

Electrical upgrades?
HO alternator or stock?

;)

You could do the 8" as a front sub on its own amp and use it to bridge/enhance the gap between your 12" in the rear to the midranges

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...