Need help with wiring subs and amp correctly.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mission Shane

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok so here it goes.
I have a Kenwood KDC-BT848BU head unit wited to the 4 reg speakers and a MTX Thunder 400w 4 ch amp running to 2 old school Phoenix Gold 8" subs 200w each but 4 ohms. The amp is bridgeable. With the subs being 4 ohms, what are my options? I don't wanna burn out the amp. Although older, it is brand new. Was bought and never used. Do i run them in parallel to a bridged amp? Or just straight wire one sub to one channel? I'll be replacing the subs soon. I just don't know with what tho. Thanks in advance

Ok so here it goes.
I have a Kenwood KDC-BT848BU head unit wited to the 4 reg speakers and a MTX Thunder 400w 4 ch amp running to 2 old school Phoenix Gold 8" subs 200w each but 4 ohms. The amp is bridgeable. With the subs being 4 ohms, what are my options? I don't wanna burn out the amp. Although older, it is brand new. Was bought and never used. Do i run them in parallel to a bridged amp? Or just straight wire one sub to one channel? I'll be replacing the subs soon. I just don't know with what tho. Thanks in advance
Just one amplifier for the subs? The speakers are running off the HU alone?? Is this what Im reading here?

Ok so here it goes.
What is the model # on the MTX amplifier?

**** not sure. Its in the car. But it is mtx thunder wet 75.4. Marine amp 400 w
Ya.. Ill need the model # off of it to look at the specs man. but You should be able to Bridge ch 1&2 into one for running @ a 4 ohm load on one sub and the same for 3&4. Most of the older amps were rated @4 ohm Max bridged and 2 ohm stereo. i have quite a few old school amps. There are quite a few old school Cheaters that will run 2 ohm mono/bridged with good electrical and some cooling. I can run an Autotek BTS 7050 @2ohms and slamm a 600 rms sub

As well.. When Bridged for the lows. make sure you place the Xover switch to LP/LPF and not on HP/HPF, and attach the sub speaker wiring Bridged on the speaker terminals of that amplifier

To wire 1 SVC4 ohm speaker to the bridged 2 ch @4 ohms pictured here. You will need to know which wires to be used to bridge the two chs. properly .Thats why I ask Model# of the amplifier to look at the specs to verify the wiring as well as the stability of that amp

I know which terminals to be used for bridging. it also shows right at the terminals. Im wondering which way will give me the better sound out of the subs.

Attachments

• 20230827_143956.jpg
    20230827_143956.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230827_144022.jpg
    20230827_144022.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 13
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...