Need help with wiring subs and amp correctly.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mission Shane

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok so here it goes.
I have a Kenwood KDC-BT848BU head unit wited to the 4 reg speakers and a MTX Thunder 400w 4 ch amp running to 2 old school Phoenix Gold 8" subs 200w each but 4 ohms. The amp is bridgeable. With the subs being 4 ohms, what are my options? I don't wanna burn out the amp. Although older, it is brand new. Was bought and never used. Do i run them in parallel to a bridged amp? Or just straight wire one sub to one channel? I'll be replacing the subs soon. I just don't know with what tho. Thanks in advance

Yes! It will be 200x2 @ 4 ohms Bridged by specs

Thank u. I was told I'd fry the amp. Was told it would run at 2 ohms not 4. Says right on the amp (bridged 4 ohms". So then i could technically put 2 of these in and it won't cook the amp?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230826-235353_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230826-235353_Facebook.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 15
Yes. You want to wire each sub to theyre own Bridged chs. 2 the amplifiers 4ohm stable load. And make sure that you place your crossover switched to LP/LPF,. Off your HU, the Sub RCA, run one set of RCAs to the amplifier(be 2ch) and buy a set of Y RCA splitters and feed the single into 2 RCAs in from the two ch RCAS to make it 4 of left and right chs so the channels on the amplifier are getting signal from the HU off the Low/Sub RCAs

Thank u. I was told I'd fry the amp. Was told it would run at 2 ohms not 4. Says right on the amp (bridged 4 ohms". So then i could technically put 2 of these in and it won't cook the amp?
Those are SVC 4 ohm subs,. You can run those on that amp. Sure as hell can!! You can run One sub on each Bridged 2 ch @ the Final 4ohm load for each sub. Just tune properly out of distortion at max HU volume on the HU and you should be just fine. not sure where you are getting your information from, but I would not listen or take any more advice from that individual any longer. Good to see you are doing your research to get some facts

Those are SVC 4 ohm subs,. You can run those on that amp. Sure as hell can!! You can run One sub on each Bridged 2 ch @ the Final 4ohm load for each sub. Just tune properly out of distortion at max HU volume on the HU and you should be just fine. not sure where you are getting your information from, but I would not listen or take any more advice from that individual any longer. Good to see you are doing your research to get some facts

Lol thats why i came here lol. Thank you. This is correct? Now just split the input so all 4 rca jacks are full?

Attachments

• 20230827_150607.jpg
    20230827_150607.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230827_150833.jpg
    20230827_150833.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 14
I would recommend an OFC 4 ga wiring kit for that amplifier to supply for the demand. Old school amp need to be fed to perform as most A/B amplifiers do.

(2)RCA Splitters needed to get from 2 ch to 4 ch on the amplifier from the HU

I would recommend an OFC 4 ga wiring kit for that amplifier to supply for the demand. Old school amp need to be fed to perform as most A/B amplifiers do.

Thanks man. Going to get 2 splitters now.

Ive got an 8 ga in now but i am going replace it when the new subs go in

Lol thats why i came here lol. Thank you. This is correct? Now just split the input so all 4 rca jacks are full?
Yes.. Make sure that you have the + and Neg wires for the sub in the Bridged correctly and make sure that you have the Xover set to LP/LPF. Make sure your gains on the amplifier are set to bare min, and you can tune from there properly so you dont cook a sub coil. LOL, and yes on the Y splitters for the amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...