help me pick some nice sub(s)

amp does 800x2@2ohm right so if u get dual 2 ohm, u can put 800 on each coil i believe. get someone else opinion before u buy just to make sure. i might be wrong

what type of budget do you have to work with? Also, there is a good deal of room in the back of that car. I have built many enclosures and you can get a good 4ft3 back there if you want.

I would suggest getting a different amp though, as that Vibe is not going to do to much and will be holding you back.

i have not seen anywhere that the vibe is compliant with power rating, and you just don't get 1600wrms out of 60a power, without the voltage being bucked real high, imho. real-world, i would give it somewhere closer to the 600rms total range, maybe 800. just something to keep in mind.

$60 box design. $200 (roughly) box cost. no change in subs, no change in amps. and when people flag you down and pack their Geldans with ***** after they find out what you've got making that noise.....it'll make the small expense worth it. Everyone knows Xplod subs, most know them to be dookie and would make fun if you said that's what you had before you showed them.....priceless look on their face man. wait for the smell though and put it on YouTube; folks sh!tting their socks is good stuff.
got my daily lutz

The amp is for sure not going to put out 1600w rms at 2 ohms, but it will put out at least 850 rms... Wouldnt this match one sa 12 in a 1.7 ft^3 ported box tuned to 30hz pretty well? or do you think that i should get a new amp? Im only looking to spend about 200 dollars plus whatever money i can get for my current subs/amp.

well, even if it does not get the 850, you will still be better focusing on the sub and enclosure. even 400watts can get you there for now. so, go for that sa12, build the box, then sell your other subs on cl for whatever catches bites. then, you can put that money, and look around for a better amp, if you still want to

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.