HELP Choosing tweeters to Pair with ds18 midrange

I always like to give people options. I like the sound of duals over singles, just the way I do things. It;s a Buick Regal, has a trunk big enough to hide several bodies in it and the cost is about the same in the end.

Why not? ;)

Not particularly hungry if fed with the correct cable and an extra battery. Even a small xs power AGM helper would be fine.

Was listening to the beamer sterio the other day, sounds great! I think I blew one of the speakers allready, cuts in and out, have to take it apart and see if the wires connected to the woofer broke. Bass is good, but is not very powerfull. Its a pretty cheap subwoofer so I didn't expect much, however I have a feeling im not getting its full potential, it clips at relatively low volumes (I make sure to watch the clip light and turn it down) and generally doesn't sound all that great (sounds great for the price though, got it for $150 on black friday!). Do you think I would noticeably benifit from upgrading my electrical. After market alternator, second battery?

Which speaker is acting up, the CT sub? It is only rated for 650 watts and if you are ever seeing that clippinglight, one of two things is happening. You're overdriving that CT sub or the amp is choking for energy.

Remind me what you have for cabling to the rear where the amps are. With roughly 1800- 2000 watts total you may need to upgrade wiring but an extra liON or other large Agm battery probably not needed. Something like this little XS power helper AGM might help.

Is the battery in the engine compartment or in the rear of the car?

Should you need - a little more $$, but a much better driver

Should drop in that CT sounds box and work perfectly!

I always like to give people options. I like the sound of duals over singles, just the way I do things. It;s a Buick Regal, has a trunk big enough to hide several bodies in it and the cost is about the same in the end.

Why not? ;)
A pair of subs would always be nice rather than a single sub set up wanting more later on. I myself like a dual substage or quad.

If going with 12s. I highly recommend the American Bass Hawk 1244x2 or a pair of 1544s will Slamm on 3k and are deff looking for more, but still slamm in that trunk space or a single A.Bass XFL 1522. I placed the Taramps 3k on some Hawk 1544x2 in a friends 02 TownCar and they were ok, but that Cresendo SKYWAY 3K just Slammed!!. entirely different animal and still slamming just fine.I would recommend a pair of 12" Hawks tuned to 31HTZ with the GP Audio Glue and Screw Tuned enclosure double baffle ,subs rear, port rear. on the CT Sounds 3200.1D, or a Pair of 15s,or a single XFL1522 tuned to 31-32 HTZ on the CT Sounds 2000.1D
For the Regal, Id recommend pulling the back seat out and take a 4.50" angle grinder with a Diamond blade and cut that massive metal out too so the sub stage enters the cabin area as well.

Shipped and purchased from here quite a bit,and always great to TX. DFW area

Should you need - a little more $$, but a much better driver

Should drop in that CT sounds box and work perfectly!
Id drop an XFL 12 in there. Have to cut the opening a bit but a hell of a sub. Ive never cooked an XFL yet and they take some power and deliver and sound good

Which speaker is acting up, the CT sub? It is only rated for 650 watts and if you are ever seeing that clippinglight, one of two things is happening. You're overdriving that CT sub or the amp is choking for energy.

Remind me what you have for cabling to the rear where the amps are. With roughly 1800- 2000 watts total you may need to upgrade wiring but an extra liON or other large Agm battery probably not needed. Something like this little XS power helper AGM might help.

Is the battery in the engine compartment or in the rear of the car?
My bad for the late reply, been busy lately, always appreciate your replys. I always watch the clip light. I think its underpowered, I have the gain up accordingly and readjust it for every different type of song (I don't have a premade playlist with all the same hrtz). Im very good at hearing if its clipping and I always keep it well below the clip light. I think its just under powered. The speaker acting up is one of the components, it doesn't even work anymore now, most likely my fault (as I always blast it as much as possible right before distortion) and maybe a little underpowered. I have 4 gauge for the sub and 8 gauge for the speakers. The battery is underneath the rear seats, so it didn't take much cord to get to it. Also, I know you have given me a lot of information on those ds18 pro audio 5.25's on how they wouldn't be the best idea to use becuase their meant for huge tweeters and to be paired with larger component speakers, however Im very tempted to try them, they seem very promising.

Last edited:
If going with 12s. I highly recommend the American Bass Hawk 1244x2 or a pair of 1544s will Slamm on 3k and are deff looking for more, but still slamm in that trunk space or a single A.Bass XFL 1522. I placed the Taramps 3k on some Hawk 1544x2 in a friends 02 TownCar and they were ok, but that Cresendo SKYWAY 3K just Slammed!!. entirely different animal and still slamming just fine.I would recommend a pair of 12" Hawks tuned to 31HTZ with the GP Audio Glue and Screw Tuned enclosure double baffle ,subs rear, port rear. on the CT Sounds 3200.1D, or a Pair of 15s,or a single XFL1522 tuned to 31-32 HTZ on the CT Sounds 2000.1D
For the Regal, Id recommend pulling the back seat out and take a 4.50" angle grinder with a Diamond blade and cut that massive metal out too so the sub stage enters the cabin area as well.

Wow! Would be amazing, do you know if theirs a way I could have a setup without cutting the metal behind the backseats, I really want to but I don't have to means or time to. Also, what power setup would you recommend for the setup? How many batteries/type of battery, and alternator. Thanks.

Wow! Would be amazing, do you know if theirs a way I could have a setup without cutting the metal behind the backseats, I really want to but I don't have to means or time to. Also, what power setup would you recommend for the setup? How many batteries/type of battery, and alternator. Thanks.
A pair of A.Bass Hawk 15s DVC4 Ohm will deff get it done Subs rear Port rear in trunk on approx 3k. That CT Sounds 3200.1, with 1/0-0ga supply with Two Group 31 AGM batteries,(one in Trunk near amp,and other under hood off alternator with Big3 0Ga done and 250 amp alt in that tuned and ported GP Audio enclosure. You will still have pretty decent apmerage to supply a 100x4-150x4 mids and hoghs amplifier. you can always add another battery in the rear next to the 2nd one, Prob be pretty bullet proof at that point for the supply for the demand with this set up. Id recommend Polk Audio MM series 6.5 components up front and Coax for rear fill for passengers,. Be a really nice set up

You should be able to remove the Rear Deck speakers and let the Bass fill the Cabin that way. Ive seen ports actually mounted there to gain cabin fill like 4" and 6" with rear door speakers /Coax. or rear door/seat cavity

The glue and screw boxes are top-notch, flexible tuning options too. Those AB subs do a great job as well.
Those are some fantastic enclosures to put together and look and perform amazingly. Easy to read instructions with all pieces labeled to put together. I cant tell you how many Ive put together and not one was disappointing ever. Those Hawk 15s Slamm!! on 3k. They seem like they want more power for sure. Dammned good subs for the $coin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...