HELP Choosing tweeters to Pair with ds18 midrange

Thanks, Im convinced!
You can ask GP if they can augment their box. If not or if you think that you can do it for less, just keep those dimensions as they can be manipulated. As long as the volume and port area (wxhxl) is maintained, should work the same. My take on the whole Alt thing is, instead of getting two $300 batteries and and a $450 alternator, just get a big AGM under the hood and something like a Glow Voltage Series 1 ($499) in the rear, no alternator upgrade needed. Lot less work and you'll have a better voltage source right near the battery.

That is what I did. Bosch AGM under the hood ($250) and Glow Voltage in the rear ($499)

Get them while you can. Mine just arrived and I ordered it (pre-ordered) over a month ago. When they are in stock they go very fast. Ha, looks like they are on preorder again. Watch this video, it will point you towards which of the three is best. I would think any of them in your case, but 1 or 2 would be my choice for your setup.

My amplification is as follows
SIQ 125.4
SIQ75.4
DC Audio CS-1000x4
Soundigital 2400.1 (2 ohm)

Stock alternator.

Your not going to be pushing even that so, AGM under the hood and a good lithium bank in the rear - Glow Voltage preferably, worth the wait. Hit them up on FB, get lead times if needed.

OTher Lithium options

The XS power TItan just dropped $150 and had this bad boy been available when I was looking (was $699) I would have got it in a heartbeat. At $559, excelant buy. Has built in distro and everything you need for hooking up multiple amplifiers and grounds. At $499. a heck of a deal.

Last edited:
6x9 for rear deck Recommended=
Baffles for 6x9 in rear deck to protect from subwoofer low freq. and air movements=

Recommend Components up front=

Amplifier recommendations for front and rear=

Front Components recommended=

You can ask GP if they can augment their box. If not or if you think that you can do it for less, just keep those dimensions as they can be manipulated. As long as the volume and port area (wxhxl) is maintained, should work the same. My take on the whole Alt thing is, instead of getting two $300 batteries and and a $450 alternator, just get a big AGM under the hood and something like a Glow Voltage Series 1 ($499) in the rear, no alternator upgrade needed. Lot less work and you'll have a better voltage source right near the battery.

That is what I did. Bosch AGM under the hood ($250) and Glow Voltage in the rear ($499)

Get them while you can. Mine just arrived and I ordered it (pre-ordered) over a month ago. When they are in stock they go very fast. Ha, looks like they are on preorder again. Watch this video, it will point you towards which of the three is best. I would think any of them in your case, but 1 or 2 would be my choice for your setup.

My amplification is as follows
SIQ 125.4
SIQ75.4
DC Audio CS-1000x4
Soundigital 2400.1 (2 ohm)

Stock alternator.

Your not going to be pushing even that so, AGM under the hood and a good lithium bank in the rear - Glow Voltage preferably, worth the wait. Hit them up on FB, get lead times if needed.

OTher Lithium options

The XS power TItan just dropped $150 and had this bad boy been available when I was looking (was $699) I would have got it in a heartbeat. At $559, excelant buy. Has built in distro and everything you need for hooking up multiple amplifiers and grounds.

Man .. That would be the way to go for added supply. Im used to Extra Batts atm, and have already bought them for my next build out. Ill deff get one of these and try. reviews seem to be fantastic. let us know how yours does for your system/a review with pics on amp draw would be awesome @ lowest voltage readings. Deff Interesting

Man .. That would be the way to go for added supply. Im used to Extra Batts atm, and have already bought them for my next build out. Ill deff get one of these and try. reviews seem to be fantastic. let us know how yours does for your system/a review with pics on amp draw would be awesome @ lowest voltage readings. Deff Interesting
The XS Power Titan 8 is on sale for $499, never seen it that low. It's got the distros and all built in, pretty slick!

The XS Power Titan 8 is on sale for $499, never seen it that low. It's got the distros and all built in, pretty slick!

Man. Ill have to try later as Ive already picked up 4 of these batteries for my next build out.ill get some fresh pics later on to throw up on here. I picked them up locally . I try to charge them once every 3 weeks while sitting atm. ill use my Noco 5 or 10. They set 2 around 12.7 usually. cant wait to put them to real work

Man. Ill have to try later as Ive already picked up 4 of these batteries for my next build out.ill get some fresh pics later on to throw up on here. I picked them up locally . I try to charge them once every 3 weeks while sitting atm. ill use my Noco 5 or 10. They set 2 around 12.7 usually. cant wait to put them to real work

Man o man, a little spendy, nice, but... I'm super stoked about the Glow Voltage series 1 I have, but had that XS power TItan 8 been available for $499, would have snagged it in a heartbeat! Real hi-end construction with abundant distribution built in, an installers wet dream!

Man o man, a little spendy, nice, but... I'm super stoked about the Glow Voltage series 1 I have, but had that XS power TItan 8 been available for $499, would have snagged it in a heartbeat! Real hi-end construction with abundant distribution built in, an installers wet dream!
I ran across a deal on the Batts. So, I had to snagg them up. BNEW from an IT group that ordered too many. LOL. No warranty, but hell?? I used my battery tester to check them and looked for any swelling before I took them, (4) $730 bucks they still had the tape seals on the connections. LOL. I think they will be fine for my next 9-10k sub stage and 2k+ mid and highs and my 320 a alt Ill put back in. Ill be placing one or two group 34/78 agms under the hood as well. (I have two spots for those existing.)

Oh,
I ran across a deal on the Batts. So, I had to snagg them up. BNEW from an IT group that ordered too many. LOL. No warranty, but hell?? I used my battery tester to check them and looked for any swelling before I took them, (4) $730 bucks they still had the tape seals on the connections. LOL. I think they will be fine for my next 9-10k sub stage and 2k+ mid and highs and my 320 a alt Ill put back in. Ill be placing one or two group 34/78 agms under the hood as well. (I have two spots for those existing.)
Oh yeah, at that price, have to snag those babies. I was thinking of plopping down a card for one of those XS TItans, then figured, forgeot, got to get another car and system first!
Must feed the addiction...

Cone area Rules.. For the Price of that sub.. You can get a pair of American Bass Hawk 15s that will slamm theyre azz off on 3k+

I just picked up another set for another install coming up and going to be using the CT Sounds 3200.1 I believe? Though the amp hasnt been 100% chosen as of yet
Is their a enclosure for these that is under 16" tall? I can't fit a box taller then 15.50."

You can Email or Call GP Audio and they can make some adjustments to make the enclosure shorter and either deeper or longer on the Glue and screw enclosures

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...