HELP Choosing tweeters to Pair with ds18 midrange

Ah, okay, been awhile since I looked at that xover (had to go look at a set I have), running active, don't use them anymore. When I do use them I usually mount the crossovers in the upper kick panel out of the way but accessible, run the leads to the two components. That way I can get to them and can play with the setting. If that is not possible, you'll want to test them out before you decide. I usually leave then on 0 then if they seem to loud, compared to the 6.5" I change it to -3. It's a Subtle difference but a difference nonetheless.
Quick question, can I ground my head unit or do I have to run negative to the battery, iv always grounded it and the amps and never had a problem but the Manuel says not to for some reason.

I always ground the HU to the inside of the dash if I can't find the original HU ground. Find a good spot right behind the dash, drill a hole or find an existing bolt to metal and sand it a bit, that should work fine. The reason you really don't want to run it all the way back and ground the HU at the amplifiers ground is that you run the potential for grounding loops to occur. Behind the HU, dash metal, good to go.

I always ground the HU to the inside of the dash if I can't find the original HU ground. Find a good spot right behind the dash, drill a hole or find an existing bolt to metal and sand it a bit, that should work fine. The reason you really don't want to run it all the way back and ground the HU at the amplifiers ground is that you run the potential for grounding loops to occur. Behind the HU, dash metal, good to go.
Do you know anyone who would know what size spade connecters the nvx speakers use? I know I asked before but the customer service didn't know and they don't check their email. Also my hardware store doesn't have it. Is their a form I could ask in?

The larger side is 5mm the smaller side is 2.28mm, as measured by my calipers.
I ended up just soldering it to the speaker, much easier. Seperately, my buddy has a early 90's honda accord with a single optima yellow top battery and a power bastards alternator. He currently has a skar sdr duel 12 setup hooked to a skar amp. He wants to upgrade to this ds18 subwoofer (listed below) or something that could handle a 3,000 watt amp. For the amp, he wants something like a taramps smart 3k bass. I have had one of those in the past, and while their excelent amps, they are extremely power hungry. Is their another amp you could direct him to that is 3,000 watts and that would pair with the sub listed below (or if you have a different sub in mind lmk). Also, what prefab box what you recomend? Thanks!

Amazon product ASIN B0973JVWDP

Last edited:
Would need to know what the objective is and whether he has room for a pit of 12-1500 watt subs instead of one 3000 watt sub. @ 12s are preferable. AS for the amplifiers, there are a lot on the market. At the higher end, (what I;m running currently) is the DS18 Hooligan, K-K03. Stable down to .5ohms

Taramps 1 ohm

Stetsom 2 ohm

CTsound

3000 watt amps ar a bit of an odd duck. 2-2500,manymore. Then it jumps to 4000, so depending on the goal and the budget...

Sounds like the electrical is good, what is the goal, what is being paired with and what is the budget?

Would need to know what the objective is and whether he has room for a pit of 12-1500 watt subs instead of one 3000 watt sub. @ 12s are preferable. AS for the amplifiers, there are a lot on the market. At the higher end, (what I;m running currently) is the DS18 Hooligan, K-K03. Stable down to .5ohms

Taramps 1 ohm

Stetsom 2 ohm

CTsound

3000 watt amps ar a bit of an odd duck. 2-2500,manymore. Then it jumps to 4000, so depending on the goal and the budget...

Sounds like the electrical is good, what is the goal, what is being paired with and what is the budget?
Thank you. Not exactly sure what his buget is, but probably around 500-1k. Its being paired with some kenwood coaxiles on no amp. Personally I think it would over power them, but he just wants a ton of bass.

1 of these on sale at $129.99

And 1 of these: $139.99

Amazon product ASIN B0BN2BG2M1
Nice box $139.00

For the coaxials to keep up $119

All the bass/volume he'll liley need - $530

He'll need to make the cut out a little larger as the sub is a 5", but that box is ideally suited to it.
Hi Doxquzme, just wanted to share with you that I finished my system. It far exceeded my expectations, everything worked perfectly and it sounds amazing, just wanted to thank you again for all of your help. Have a great new year!

Attachments

• IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5113.jpg
    IMG_5113.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5200.jpg
    IMG_5200.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 16
Nice build, looks awesome! Glad it worked out, ENJOY!!!

:D
Hi, thinking of planning another project for my old school regal. Speakers are allready taken care of, im trying to come up with a subwoofer system that's capable of beating down the block with a single subwoofer. Something thats at least 2,000 watts rms. Below are the links I found for a rough idea of what the system would be. My question is, what would I need to do for my electrical system. Right now it has a 0 gauge big three and a powerbastards high output alternator. I honestly have no idea what I am doing when it comes to crazy systems and probably wouldn't pursue this, Im mainly just trying to figure out what it would take and what it would cost. I know it would be better to have a more entry system, however I really want something that REALLY bangs.

I'm running a smart3...it's a solid amp and I've had zero issues with mine. I'd suggest a 15 or even 18 if you're doing a single sub and got room for it though

Ok. What does your electrical system look look like? How many batteries what type?
I got a 320a alt, 50ah agm under the hood and 100ah agm in the rear

I got the smart3 running 2 sql-15's and a 6 channel crescendo running minds and highs plus a 10" sub up front...I haven't had any voltage issues 😁

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...