HELP Choosing tweeters to Pair with ds18 midrange

Example.. Rears in doors on amplifier for passengers in rear one of two to choose from. I like the older version to be honest
Front Components the MM series

Older Version 60 rms

Front speakers- Close to $300 bucks, buck worth every penny and some from my personal experiencing and using.

4 cha amplifier for the front and rears CT Sounds 150.4 worth every penny thus far for me. highly recommend for the $coin

Thats an entire system layout other than HU and Distro Fused blocks and Big3m 1/0-0ga? That can be had @ GP Audio for the $Coin. and 0ga amp kits found at CT Sounds at a good price and check out Mono Price for two sets of RCAs for the price and 14ga ofc/copper speaker wiring.

I would look at a Kenwood/JVC HU or Alpine 4-5v 3 sets RCAs out with Low pass/High Pass filter ,and features youd like/need as well. Id buy from Sonic Electronix or Crutctchfield. Thats is only place Ill buy any bnew HU atm.

As far as the speakers go.. You can do a search for the best pricing as well as the subs.
Iv decided what Im gonna do. Im gonna do a single american bass xmax 12 and power it with a taramps smart 3k bass. I need help finding a good box for it. Im ok with it being very big and taking up most of the trunk. I would prefer to just buy one, however i wouldn't mind having the plans to build one. I just don't know exactly what to look for as for as that sub and my car (g body regal) should be. I don't want to spend a whole lot on a box.

Here you go. $249 Inc, ship and no tax outside MO for a double 1.5" baffle and .75" flush baffle tuned to 29 hz. Best glue and screw in the business,

Here you go. $249 Inc, ship and no tax outside MO for a double 1.5" baffle and .75" flush baffle tuned to 29 hz. Best glue and screw in the business,

Important to note, with that kind of subwoofer and I assume a LOT of power, you need a great box, not just a good box, a great box. There is a HUGE difference between one of these $210 to $249 boxes and the $150 pre-made stuff, all the difference in my opinion. Like serving the best burger in the world - without cheese!

Last edited:

That would be perfect for that sub. great tuning and Sub rear port rear for trunk space(y)

Iv decided what Im gonna do. Im gonna do a single american bass xmax 12 and power it with a taramps smart 3k bass. I need help finding a good box for it. Im ok with it being very big and taking up most of the trunk. I would prefer to just buy one, however i wouldn't mind having the plans to build one. I just don't know exactly what to look for as for as that sub and my car (g body regal) should be. I don't want to spend a whole lot on a box.

Cone area Rules.. For the Price of that sub.. You can get a pair of American Bass Hawk 15s that will slamm theyre azz off on 3k+

I just picked up another set for another install coming up and going to be using the CT Sounds 3200.1 I believe? Though the amp hasnt been 100% chosen as of yet

Just Keep in mind.. You are still going to have that"Wall/steel backseat framing that isnt going to allow that sub stage to enter the cabin area much. Deff going to need to remove those rear deck speakers to get that substage to serve any justice.. Even with a Pair of 15s on 3-5k. If you do not do anything, You may hear and only get appriox 40% oif that sub stage in the cabin area.

Important to note, with that kind of subwoofer and I assume a LOT of power, you need a great box, not just a good box, a great box. There is a HUGE difference between one of these $210 to $249 boxes and the $150 pre-made stuff, all the difference in my opinion. Like serving the best burger in the world - without cheese!
Agreed!!

Just Keep in mind.. You are still going to have that"Wall/steel backseat framing that isnt going to allow that sub stage to enter the cabin area much. Deff going to need to remove those rear deck speakers to get that substage to serve any justice.. Even with a Pair of 15s on 3-5k. If you do not do anything, You may hear and only get appriox 40% oif that sub stage in the cabin area.
If you do not do anything at all with cutting out that metal framing from the sets or add the dual Areo-Ports in the rear deck.... Id recommend placing the enclosure in the back seat.. Sub Up,Port Up.

Wow thank you so much, both you guys are fantastic!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...