Heavy Sub, Box Help?

Bettr n' Revrse
5,000+ posts

I do what I want
Hey guys I just posted my 2512 up for sale possibly with the box but I wanna know if I can use it for a bigger sub, I may go with a 9512 or something like that... Problem is is that my box is not double baffled so could I get away with having a 50 lb sub in this box? How could I keep it supported with having a whole new box built?

DD25122.jpg

Easy solution.

1) Cut a 1.5" wide MDF ring that has an ID the same as the sub cutout.

2) Cut MDF ring in half to make two half-circles.

3) Clamp/glue them in line with the sub cutout inside the box to give you a solid 1.5" to screw into.

the glue should hold fine as long as it's dry. and ideally you would want a little bit bigger box like 2.5cubes but that box would work fine and hold power a lil better than the recommended sizing

Box is 2.25 at 38 hz as well... should be good for a 9512 correct?
2.25 is gonna be kinda small for a 9512 assuming after sub displacement you will actually have a good bit less then 2.25. You did not mention what sq inches your port your box is but DD's love alot of port. My 2510 loved 36sq inches of port so I would assume the 9512 would require a good bit more. The half moon idea is a good idea I have seen it at shows before and I saw no issue with them coming apart.

That is after sub displacement iirc so it wouldnt change a ton from my 2512... Maybe once I figure out what car Ill be in I can invert mount it but in the truck that wont work since its right behind the seat...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.