Hate to be that guy but need some advice on a 10" setup

That would require an extra battery in that Toyota to feed 1200 watts of A/B power at 1ohm, not to mention the dramatic increase in wear and tear (HEAT) from running that thing at 1ohm/ch. OP can get the same power out of the class d design for 30-50 amps and hundreds of $$ less.
The PR design might be a recipe for disaster considering the variations in musical tastes involved.
It'd actually be 2 ohms bridged...but yea pretty similar to 1 ohm per ch. as far as heat and draw

So if I get the flatlyne and the b2 quatro am I gonna need an extra battery? I figured upgrading the big three would mitigate any issues with heat there. Is this incorrect?

One sub = one channel right? It'd be a 2ohm double voice coil I believe
correct. I was referring to other equipment mentioned and electrical efficiency of the B2 vs the Boston mentioned for the same power. The B2 is designed to operate at 1 ohm efficiently. The big 3 is suggested and also a good Deep Cycle AGM, such as an Optima Yellow Top as a replacement for the primary battery under the hood. The AGM design has much more efficient current throughput than your every day starting batteries. They also have more capacity in the same size case due to the plate density of the Absorbed Glass Mat design.

I run a 1200 watt sub amp and a 400 watt amp on the highs with upgraded wiring (big 3 in 2 ga) and a Kinetiks HC 2000 deep cycle AGM as my primary battery...and that is all. I do not have any headlight dimming or major voltage drops like I did before I made those changes. There are many battery manufacturers to choose from. I just bought a Optima Yellow Top after selling the Kinetiks to a guy who seen it and just had to have one. I ran that Kinetiks for 3 1/2 yrs without a single issue and got 1/2 my money back out of it.

Thanks for the info on the battery, I'll do some shopping around.

With regards to the enclosure, the IA website says the driver takes up .13 cubic feet. Any ideas on the size of the enclosure including this displacement value? Also, ported vs sealed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.