Hate to be that guy but need some advice on a 10" setup

All this product advice, and nobody has even asked the guy what his musical interests are? whether he is more interested in SQ or SPL ? whether he has considered the need to "balance" the subs with something up front?
holy fukkin personal faves and forum boner recommendation party //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
lol touché sir. I would say I'd be learning more towards SQ, like 60/40. I want it loud, but I would could EQ it down to a more tolerable level for some songs. But for some songs I want someone punching me in the chest. Does that make sense? I'm only looking to add a sub, not a whole set of speakers at this point in time. Maybe down the road.

@whitedragon551 ; has a set of 8" Adire Kodas listed in the classifieds. Sweet SQ with the ability to be reasonably loud.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/554172-fs-t-mint-adire-audio-koda-8-subs.html

Running 8s on a bit lower powah than you mentioned in the OP might be a good idea since you're not upgrading front speakers at this point.
Just another option, for whatever that might be worth.... but many that were suggested might disappoint you in terms of SQ , imho.

Saw your remark about being in the Army. Thanks for your service, from one Army dawg to another

[quote name='Flex68']@whitedragon551 ; has a set of 8" Adire Kodas listed in the classifieds. Sweet SQ with the ability to be reasonably loud.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/554172-fs-t-mint-adire-audio-koda-8-subs.html

Running 8s on a bit lower powah than you mentioned in the OP might be a good idea since you're not upgrading front speakers at this point.
Just another option, for whatever that might be worth.... but many that were suggested might disappoint you in terms of SQ , imho.

Saw your remark about being in the Army. Thanks for your service, from one Army dawg to another[/QUOTE]

He has got you on the right track. Also look into the sundown e8 sub. 2 of them ported on 500 would be right what you wanted I bet. Plus getting 500 at 4 ohm should be reasonably easy and rather cheap.

12" JL Audio 12w6v2 sounded pretty amazing in an excursion, ported box 1.7cu/ft tuned to 32hz off 500rms. More of an sq set-up I'd say.

Good lord this site is useless for advice... No one asked how much space?

said he had a 4runner. and idk if he can get a lick of sq out of it or not lol, but i've had a boner for that me gusta treo @RangerDanger ; has.

[quote name='av83']said he had a 4runner. and idk if he can get a lick of sq out of it or not lol, but i've had a boner for that me gusta treo @RangerDanger ; has.[/QUOTE]

so buy it you cheap bassturd. lmao

Not that hard to find that section on the internet if you are into those type of things.

No capacitor needed and for beginners a sa-10 on 1k will do the trick.

Dont know what was wrong with my advise. a b2 qoutta amp on an ia death row. Would be a nice sql setup if you ask me. u cant beat the b2 amp for performance/price and the deathrow is a badazz sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.