Hate to be that guy but need some advice on a 10" setup

A sub instill is completely based on the box it is put it... You should go out and take some measurements of what space your willing to give up
Can you provide some estimates for a sealed vs ported? Like expect to lose X cu/ft with sealed and Y cu/ft with ported? I have no point of reference for this as I've never done this before. I could say I only want to lose 1 cu/ft but that wouldn't accomplish anything so that number is essentialy worthless.

Can you provide some estimates for a sealed vs ported? Like expect to lose X cu/ft with sealed and Y cu/ft with ported? I have no point of reference for this as I've never done this before. I could say I only want to lose 1 cu/ft but that wouldn't accomplish anything so that number is essentialy worthless.
If you go get us a basic HxWxD measurement Ill do the numbers right quick to give you a quick estimate on the space you have and we can go from there

If you go get us a basic HxWxD measurement Ill do the numbers right quick to give you a quick estimate on the space you have and we can go from there
Sorry to sound dumb, but is the space that I'm willing to give up or the dimensions of the trunk?

how about you get an amazing sub for less

Boston Acoustics SPG555-2 (spg5552) 13" 2 ohm Car Subwoofer/Sub

Boston Acoustics SPG555-4 1000W 13" Single 4 ohm Oval SPG Series Car Subwoofer 690283383206 | eBay

amazing subs, call up boston parts direct and buy the passive radiator for these for 60 shipped

Boston Acoustics SPG-TR (spgtr) 10" TunableRadiator™ for the

in a one cube box you will have the output of a 15 with the pr setup but be as musical as any sub out there. super small setup with huge output

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/DocumentMaster/US/SPGTRman.pdf

recomended box size is 13x13x10

I'm going to go with the flatlyne 12, would the 18" be enough?
A square box will have ill effects on the resonance for SQ. drop a few inches in height and add to width or depth to keep the same airspace and reduce internal resonances. With the true 1200 watts and the IA FL 12, I would guess at 1 cube sealed would get loud and give you the ability to tune as desired The B2 Quota is a little beast and that sub is IA's SQ monster.

You should contact IA and inquire about the box requirements for the Flatlyne 12, their website has not been updated to reflect that info.

Nice amp for sure, but not exactly small so OP, check your dimensions.
no but mounting on back seat of 4 runner will be no problem and with the small box of the boston with the output of a ported dual 13 inch setup, he will hit low and will be very musical high with no worry of port noise due to a pr setup

get the 2 ohm version and pair it with
Boston Acoustics GT-28 BRAND NEW!!! FREE SHIPPING!! | eBay

made in italy

you will have a much better setup, more output, and would fit your needs better
That would require an extra battery in that Toyota to feed 1200 watts of A/B power at 1ohm, not to mention the dramatic increase in wear and tear (HEAT) from running that thing at 1ohm/ch. OP can get the same power out of the class d design for 30-50 amps and hundreds of $$ less.

The PR design might be a recipe for disaster considering the variations in musical tastes involved.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.