gunna buy new subs. what do u think would work best

massivespl

Banned
Bay city, MI
my old set up was 4 dc lvl4 18's on a dc 7.5k. i had d2's so i could only wire to 1ohm.

now whatever subs i get i wanna wire down to .5ohm or .35ohm.

do u think i would see a NICE gain by switching to 4 18's that i can wire to .5ohm and bigger motors? like if i were to get 4 18 XL's M2s? or should i go with 4 15s? or i could do 2 big 18's like lvl5's or shd's or crossfire xs pretty much the bottom like is i have 2 grand to spend on subs.this is my daily driver and its a 2002 tahoe. the box will be behind the 2nd row.

[quote name='garretttt4']Get 4 AA mayhem 15s. Like 479 each and they're sick. Ask @mylows10 ; he knows a lot about these things![/QUOTE]

whats so good about AA mayhems? i've seen maybe 3 ppl running them ever. seems like if they were really nice for your money alot more ppl would run them. i will go check them out though.

whats so good about AA mayhems? i've seen maybe 3 ppl running them ever. seems like if they were really nice for your money alot more ppl would run them. i will go check them out though.
Ask him. He knows A LOT about them and he used to compete with four of um on either two or 4 ab vfl 500.1s don't remember. They can take mad power. Hopefully he'll chime in here soon. He's a dealer too btw. And a good guy that knows A LOT about how to get these loud.

I guess to add, my older brother had a Mayhem 15 in a crappy built box running off of a US Amps 2000x, his highest score was a 149.7 on the dash at 36hz (I think), it was in a Cavalier, great sub.

I guess to add, my older brother had a Mayhem 15 in a crappy built box running off of a US Amps 2000x, his highest score was a 149.7 on the dash at 36hz (I think), it was in a Cavalier, great sub.
X2. I want to do a big build with a few but don't have the room.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

the mayhem looks nice. no love for the crossfire xs 4 inch coil though pretty sure there around 500 for an 18? or dc lvl5 m2's 3.5 in coil or lvl6 4 inch coil woofers? anyone ever runs some of these and gain by just swapping subs?

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

thats a nice score out of a trunk on 1 15

mayhems seem to be the new forum boner, keep hearing them thrown around lately, no doubt a great sub, but id like to hear from someone what they think about the lvl 5 m2s. There isnt much crossfire love on this forum.

mayhems seem to be the new forum boner, keep hearing them thrown around lately, no doubt a great sub, but id like to hear from someone what they think about the lvl 5 m2s. There isnt much crossfire love on this forum.
i can see that mayhems are the forum boner over here. a friend told me the AA mayhem is pretty much like the tripple stacked BTL's. i would like some advice from some ppl who have ran a few of these subs and have experience with them. not just he said forum boner ****.

the mayhem looks nice. no love for the crossfire xs 4 inch coil though pretty sure there around 500 for an 18? or dc lvl5 m2's 3.5 in coil or lvl6 4 inch coil woofers? anyone ever runs some of these and gain by just swapping subs? 

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

thats a nice score out of a trunk on 1 15
I wouldn't mess with a 3.5" coil. You're totally at the mercy of DC for replacement parts if/when they stop making 3.5" coils those will be paperweights. If you get a 3" coil sub you have a LOT of great options for softparts when you break them. 4" coil sub is expensive to recone, but still you have a few commonly available options (and lv6 is a beast motor if you're shopping DC)

i can see that mayhems are the forum boner over here. a friend told me the AA mayhem is pretty much like the tripple stacked BTL's. i would like some advice from some ppl who have ran a few of these subs and have experience with them. not just he said forum boner ****.
I saw quite a few in Florida last year and IIRC they pretty much are FI subs with a different dustcap (may be more differences, but likely nothing groundbreaking). I wasn't impressed with the 3 slug BTL I owned. Didn't sound great, nor did it get particularly loud for what it was.

If you can wait, the new sundown lineup looks nasty and MSRP seems very fair. Huge useable excursion and very unique looks. Saw some in person a month ago and trust me, the online pics don't do them justice.

[quote name='garretttt4']Ask him. He knows A LOT about them and he used to compete with four of um on either two or 4 ab vfl 500.1s don't remember. They can take mad power. Hopefully he'll chime in here soon. He's a dealer too btw. And a good guy that knows A LOT about how to get these loud.[/QUOTE]

He competed with 2 12s. 1 AB VFL 500.1 per sub.
I bought his Mayhems from him.
@massivespl ;
The reason the mayhems are a solid sub. Is they are designed for DD and ground pounders. So they are still good sounding subs. They also use good soft parts. FYI. DC audio got started because Rob bought a subwoofer design from a guy who worked at AA/FI/Crossfire. So in a sense a DC is a copy of an AA.

Not saying one is better than the other. Because to me. All subs really look/do the same.

Also The mayhems will take 3500RMS daily in the right box. And can burp 8000. Just as @mylows10 ;

And you said you wanted some advice from someone who has them. Here is a link to them playing. My amps gain is set to about 1/3 because my box is too big. So this isn't them at full potential.

2 12 inch Ascendant Audio Mayhem subs Rack City Tyga on Exile X5 - YouTube

If I were you. I would go with something unique. I hate following the crowd. check out the crossfires. Like I mentioned above. AA/FI/Crossfire are all owned by a guy named Scott. So they should be similar subs. Probably why you heard that the mayhem is a triple stacked BTL. It probably is.

I wouldn't mess with a 3.5" coil. You're totally at the mercy of DC for replacement parts if/when they stop making 3.5" coils those will be paperweights. If you get a 3" coil sub you have a LOT of great options for softparts when you break them. 4" coil sub is expensive to recone, but still you have a few commonly available options (and lv6 is a beast motor if you're shopping DC)

I saw quite a few in Florida last year and IIRC they pretty much are FI subs with a different dustcap (may be more differences, but likely nothing groundbreaking). I wasn't impressed with the 3 slug BTL I owned. Didn't sound great, nor did it get particularly loud for what it was.

If you can wait, the new sundown lineup looks nasty and MSRP seems very fair. Huge useable excursion and very unique looks. Saw some in person a month ago and trust me, the online pics don't do them justice.
well PSI has 3.5 inch coils because they build custom subs from solo x motors and the 18 uses a 3.5 inch coil. but i will set all gains proper and wont burn up any woofers. so no need for recones.

the sundown subs look great.i dont really wanna wait awhile to get them though. but i kinda want 18's and they dont have new baskets tooled yet and only have the spaced spider so without new baskets and new motors for the 18s you cant really use all the excursion/x-max from the new softparts and surrounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

massivespl

Banned
massivespl
Bay city, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from