gunna buy new subs. what do u think would work best

[quote name='jockhater2']He competed with 2 12s. 1 AB VFL 500.1 per sub.
I bought his Mayhems from him.
@massivespl ;
The reason the mayhems are a solid sub. Is they are designed for DD and ground pounders. So they are still good sounding subs. They also use good soft parts. FYI. DC audio got started because Rob bought a subwoofer design from a guy who worked at AA/FI/Crossfire. So in a sense a DC is a copy of an AA.

Not saying one is better than the other. Because to me. All subs really look/do the same.

Also The mayhems will take 3500RMS daily in the right box. And can burp 8000. Just as @mylows10 ;

And you said you wanted some advice from someone who has them. Here is a link to them playing. My amps gain is set to about 1/3 because my box is too big. So this isn't them at full potential.

2 12 inch Ascendant Audio Mayhem subs Rack City Tyga on Exile X5 - YouTube

If I were you. I would go with something unique. I hate following the crowd. check out the crossfires. Like I mentioned above. AA/FI/Crossfire are all owned by a guy named Scott. So they should be similar subs. Probably why you heard that the mayhem is a triple stacked BTL. It probably is.[/QUOTE]

this is interesting. i've never heard that DC copied AA. i think im gunna try out crossfire xs 18's if i can get a good price on 4 of them. my buddy said they should be in my price range if i call up roger and tell him he sent me. 4 inch coils. proven TC baskets and for alot less them most other companies

this is interesting. i've never heard that DC copied AA. i think im gunna try out crossfire xs 18's if i can get a good price on 4 of them. my buddy said they should be in my price range if i call up roger and tell him he sent me. 4 inch coils. proven TC baskets and for alot less them most other companies
Can't go wrong with crossfire. Like I said. Scott owns all 3 companies. And they are all proven products. Can't go wrong with any of them. And 4" coils will stay cooler.

I dont think you should go down in size. go with 4 18's but from just swapping out subs I dont think you will notice that much of a change

Unfortunately I have no experience with the evil sub... Everything I've read about them has been great musically and SPL like quality. I'd also be interested in IA as well..

do u have experience with these subs or are you just picking what u would buy? i've heard a set up with 4 dp 18's and it was nasty. same thing with the 6 18 DP i heard.

are you not the guy from caco with the huge azz box for 4 18s? and it was choking off output. if that was you, i would go down to 4 15's or 2 18's. tantric or b2 get my vote. the lvl 6's are nice as well.

I see no point in wiring so low. Even after you take rise into account you will most likely be under 1 ohm. The lower you wire the less flat of a response you will get. just my $.02. and woofer wise, fi sp4's would be a good choice, along with the mayhems, but those are basically the old style triple stack btls. If it were me.... I would go nsv2s... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

are you not the guy from caco with the huge azz box for 4 18s? and it was choking off output. if that was you, i would go down to 4 15's or 2 18's. tantric or b2 get my vote. the lvl 6's are nice as well.
i dont think so? my box is 22tall, 48wide, 38 deep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

massivespl

Banned
massivespl
Bay city, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from