Good 12 Sub for $200?

codyc03

CarAudio.com Recruit
Utah
Hello! I am looking for a good budget subwoofer under $200 (price for just the sub), preferably around $150, with an rms of about 800. I was looking at some of the audiopipe and skar subs, they seemed to get some good reviews. In addition, anyone know of any good amp wiring kits to use with it and what gauge speaker wire to use? I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good wiring kit. Thinking about running a Sundown Audio SFB-1000D amp or something comparable.

Screenshot_20210424-034355_Chrome.jpg

What are your goals for the subwoofer? Do you want it just to be loud, or are you looking for more sound quality?
I'm looking for a good mix of both I would say, I've never had a sub setup before so I likely won't be able to tell between good and great sound quality. I'm looking for something that would rattle my hatch and be able to show my setup off while not drowning out my other stock speakers. I mainly listen to rap, and going to put this in a properly sized ported box in my hatchback. Would a sub around 800rms get the job done? Or would I have to step up to something like the 1200rms soundqubed previously mentioned in the thread?

Alot of good options in that price range (FU 750, American Bass RX 12, Dayon HO/HF 12). What box you choose/build will have a bigger impact than sub selection in most cases

What box you choose/build will have a bigger impact than sub selection in most cases
I’ve seen a lot of people talking about how important the box is, planning on building a ported box at the biggest the suggested volume for the sub is and tuned to about 32hz. how would i build a better box?

I was super impressed with an SSA GCON ported on a 600 rms amp. Sounded very musical too. But it’s a little over your budget (sometimes it is worth it to go over)

Hello! I am looking for a good budget subwoofer under $200 (price for just the sub), preferably around $150, with an rms of about 800. I was looking at some of the audiopipe and skar subs, they seemed to get some good reviews. In addition, anyone know of any good amp wiring kits to use with it and what gauge speaker wire to use? I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good wiring kit. Thinking about running a Sundown Audio SFB-1000D amp or something comparable.
Skar svr , American bass xfl,

I bought an American Bass 10" sub based off reviews. I have also seen some really good reviews on the Deaf Bonce Hannibal line subs. There are some really good reviews on YouTube, just search best $200 subwoofer. Pick one you like and ask the guys here if its any good. I have personably heard the Audiopipe subs and the slam but I have seen a few where the basket has cracked. Just my .02

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...