Front stage gain voltage wont go past 10v, sub amp gains set fine.

Participant count
  • Participant list

H86

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am having an issue, I was able to set my subwoofer amp gains to the calculated 50v fine (nvx xad13) (sounds and works great), I go to set the gain on my sundown sdx 200.2 and gain maxed at the same volume I set my sub amp (same volume on the same headunit I had my last setup running on fine) and it will only read 10v on the dmm (yes set to ACV). For the life of me I dont know whats going on. The speakers play music and such, but I feel that isnt right to have the gain maxed with 4v preouts from the headunit, and I know gain isn't volume, but things dont really sound louder than my previous 95w x2 amp.

So both amps are receiving the same input voltage? This line is a bit confusing.

Is this output voltage? How are amps recieving signal? Is sub channel on a dedicated output or a shared signal?
Both amplifiers should be getting the same input voltage, the only thing I changed out in my setup is the amplifiers, my prior setup was working fine. The voltage was output voltage, I managed to set the nvx monoblock fine, at the 50v output that was calculated. The 2ch sundown only shows 10v output voltage with the gain maxed and with no discernable distortion on music. This doesn't seem right, I have never in 4 different systems through the years had an amp that needed to have the gain maxed out. As far as signals the monoblock and 2ch have dedicated rca from the headunit, the headunit "claims" to output 4v via rca.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...