Factory rear panel install

literally give up on the idea of running active unless you plan to drop 600 dollars on a digital sound processor and couple hundred more for a big 2 channel amp.

vs just keeping the gear you have, bridging that JL 4 channel into 2 channel mode and using the ppi's passive crossover and saving 600-800 bucks.

Ok, thank you. I'll do it like that but one last question and byfar the dumbest one yet. When I bridge the amp, I will be removing the connection to the rear door 6x9s. I will lose sound from the 6x9s right? So how do I get unamplified power to them again?

Ok, thank you. I'll do it like that but one last question and byfar the dumbest one yet. When I bridge the amp, I will be removing the connection to the rear door 6x9s. I will lose sound from the 6x9s right? So how do I get unamplified power to them again?
you just have them hooked up to regular stock factory plugs and keep them on head unit power. Your head unit will power them but you want all your amplifier power focused on your front components. So passengers will still have more than plenty of sound in the rear while you have the time of your life in front.

Thanks for taking time to help me out. I'm happy to pay a shop to do this for me but I was asking the installer at Mickshorr about my speakers impedance and he couldn't answer it, I couldn't believe that! It should be required to know in order to be a professional installer, imo. Then I decided to go on Craigslist and I called a couple installers, chose the one that seemed the most competent and he installed my radio but he was sloppy. He seemed to know what hes doing but he was just too sloppy to have him come back to work in my new car again. That left me sitting here in the dark. Forget Mickeyshorr and forget Craigslist, i'll do it myself but not without coming here with a dozen or two questions. lol So again, thanks a loT!

Thanks for taking time to help me out. I'm happy to pay a shop to do this for me but I was asking the installer at Mickshorr about my speakers impedance and he couldn't answer it, I couldn't believe that! It should be required to know in order to be a professional installer, imo. Then I decided to go on Craigslist and I called a couple installers, chose the one that seemed the most competent and he installed my radio but he was sloppy. He seemed to know what hes doing but he was just too sloppy to have him come back to work in my new car again. That left me sitting here in the dark. Forget Mickeyshorr and forget Craigslist, i'll do it myself but not without coming here with a dozen or two questions. lol So again, thanks a loT!
thats the way to do it!!!! At least you'll know exactly where everything is and how everything is done

What's the difference? Both are imaging hosting sites. 

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Yup, RCA's is what will get your amp to communicate with HU.
You'll have to look for yourself. Imgbb is easier and quicker.

We had one particular member on here that actually found an "installer" on Craigslist and took forever to install a DSP and 2 amps. how bunch of other nonsense went on between the two and I'm not sure but I think the "installer" eventually faded away. Didn't know how to use zip ties in the install either.

Comment deserves a like based on enthusiasm. Let us know how it goes for ya. We're here to help.

We had one particular member on here that actually found an "installer" on Craigslist and took forever to install a DSP and 2 amps. how bunch of other nonsense went on between the two and I'm not sure but I think the "installer" eventually faded away. Didn't know how to use zip ties in the install either.
Comment deserves a like based on enthusiasm. Let us know how it goes for ya. We're here to help.
My guy forgot to bring his dremmel and he knew he was modifying my dash and he talked me into letting him do some ghetto tech to chop up the dash. Then I was short by about 20ft of wire and I asked him to run to hardware store for more and I would give him 20 bucks for having to do it, since my car was torn apart. He tells me he hates driving in this city because he has a suspended drivers license. So he ended up tying the rear channels into the factory wiring somewhere near the rear doors. Then I noticed he wasn't crimping wire. Then he says he forgot the toggle switch but he will come back tomorrow with it for sure. I texted him everyday for 4 days in a row and finally decided to go buy one and connect it myself. Also when we were tuning the amps he told me I was running my subs at 4 ohm and I explained why it is 2 ohm and he said it's impossible. Went to google and then he saw I was right and he just said I hate impedance it always confuses the crap out of me. Well, he actually manages an audio shop! I wish I took a before and after of his wire job vs mine after I redid the amps.

I would put money on it that theres a shop in Detroit that is as good as soundman but I have no idea how to find them. Honestly though, this has actually been quite fun to learn about this stuff, I feel like I'm realy good at all of this stuff due to my ocd, everything has to be perfect. I am an entrepreneur, maybe I will make something of this learning experience.

Hurricane Irma allegedly is the reason my package is delayed. I paid $20 for 1 day delivery and I won't get it till Monday now (4 days). This gives me time to go buy the proper supplies (dynamat!).

Today I received the package and tackled the job. It took over 3 hours for the first door and an hour for the second. There was lots of cutting and modifying. The 6x9 to 6.5 adapters I bought were actually 6x9 to 5.25 so I had to modify those and I decided to run the 3.5s in the door rather than the dash. I know the speaker positioning is poor but other than that I think I did better than a craigslist installer would have done and without a single scratch. I was able to keep the tweeter close to the woofer and the 3.5 is also within about a foot from them.

It sounds far better than the alpine type R. I have not bridged them yet. I am currently running the rear 6x9s and the new front stage all at 70 watts per channel and tomorrow I will experiment with the fronts only at 200 watts each and maybe I will end up upgrading to a class a/b 175x4.

I am still confused on crossovers here. I understand that I should keep the head unit crossovers off completely correct? Then the amp crossover for the components should also be off right, since I have the passive crossovers connected? I read in a review for my components that I should set the amp crossover at 100hz so that threw me off. So I can use the amps crossover on the rear 6x9s right? This is how I have it now. I guess I just don't know where to set my crossovers on the amp. BTW there is two crossover one for front and one for rear. Thanks

So you can choose either the decks crossover or the amps. Not both. And it's a High pass to keep the bass out. The decks crossover will be easier to adjust on the fly so you can see what you like. Start at 100 and experiment to see what you like. I didn't see what deck you have. Didn't go back very far.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.