Factory rear panel install

I just called a local shop to see what they stock for 6 channel amps and the guy asked my application and he said I am crazy for even trying to go completely active on a 3way component set and that I will never ever get it tuned by ear. Honestly I got a little upset and told him I just want to know what amp is available. Curious though, does he have a valid point and maybe I am getting in over my head? I have no problem spending hours tuning it, I quite enjoy it actually.

I just called a local shop to see what they stock for 6 channel amps and the guy asked my application and he said I am crazy for even trying to go completely active on a 3way component set and that I will never ever get it tuned by ear. Honestly I got a little upset and told him I just want to know what amp is available. Curious though, does he have a valid point and maybe I am getting in over my head? I have no problem spending hours tuning it, I quite enjoy it actually.
Yes it's difficult to tune by ear. But there are tools we use

The next step would be an 8 channel digital sound processor and another 4 channel amp to run active. So it'll be two 4 channel amps. One of them (lower power one) will be bridged to the midbass, the other 4 channel will power the the midrange and tweeter. Each individual driver will be time aligned. Each individual driver can be EQ'd with the 31 band EQ available for maximum fine tuning. Each speaker will have more power. The overall crossover points will blend together much better suited custom tailored to your vehicle's acoustics. so yeah those are the advantages of a DSP.
Dumb question, sorry. Now that you know I am getting a 6 channel amp dedicated for the components, do I still need an 8 channel dsp or I get 6 channel? Thanks.

Heres where I am getting confused. Do I run my subs through this dsp also or just the 6 components? Its espescially confusing because the dsps that I am reading about have rcas for front rear and subs but I have to assume that will translate for me to tweets 3.5s and 6.5s. So I can shop for 6 channel dsp. Do I have this all right?

Dumb question, sorry. Now that you know I am getting a 6 channel amp dedicated for the components, do I still need an 8 channel dsp or I get 6 channel? Thanks.
6 of those channels will be for mid, midbass, midrange. the other two remaining is for the subwoofer. Everything ran through the dsp.

Heres where I am getting confused. Do I run my subs through this dsp also or just the 6 components? Its espescially confusing because the dsps that I am reading about have rcas for front rear and subs but I have to assume that will translate for me to tweets 3.5s and 6.5s. So I can shop for 6 channel dsp. Do I have this all right?
the 6 channel dsps out there are either cr@p or overpriced.

6 of those channels will be for mid, midbass, midrange. the other two remaining is for the subwoofer. Everything ran through the dsp.

Audison bit 10 is a 6 channel. But it's the only good one.

So I have 4 channel amp installed and I want to swap it for a 6 channel. My head unit has 3 preouts, front rear and sub, and all are used. How do I accomplish this? Can I just wire in the set of tweeters to the 5th and 6th channel and expect sound?

So once I dedicate a channel of amp to each speaker, will I be happy for a lapse of time before I purchase the dsp? I would have a gain for each speaker and possibly use the head unit crossover(woofer and mid) for the time being? Otherwise I will have to hold off on the install(third amp) but I hope to do it now.

So once I dedicate a channel of amp to each speaker, will I be happy for a lapse of time before I purchase the dsp? I would have a gain for each speaker and possibly use the head unit crossover(woofer and mid) for the time being? Otherwise I will have to hold off on the install(third amp) but I hope to do it now.
So I have 4 channel amp installed and I want to swap it for a 6 channel. My head unit has 3 preouts, front rear and sub, and all are used. How do I accomplish this? Can I just wire in the set of tweeters to the 5th and 6th channel and expect sound?
I would seriously hold off on changing anything with your current setup until you get a DSP.

Do you have the optimal EQ and time alignment settings down yet Does the artists voices sound like they are coming from straight center of the dash? How about the acoustical treatments? Just sticking deadener on your car is not enough FYI

Take a picture of your EQ and let me see, then tell me whats lacking in your setup right now or what sounds nasty, give me song examples and precise time in the songs that thing sound bad or lacking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.