Sound Deadening

Participant count
  • Participant list

tooshort_128
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm still putting together the pieces to my system but am thinking about getting the jump on my acoustic treatments. I've been checking out GTMat Quadro which has CCF built into it. I was thinking of covering about 75% of the outer door skin with it, sealing the one large opening in the door with mdf or abs plastic, then covering about 75% of the inner door skin, and putting a layer of MLV on top of it. I plan on putting more on the back wall (F-150), but wonder if doing the rear doors would really make a difference? Does this sound like a solid plan so far?

It's a new truck with a pretty quiet cab as it is. Maybe I'll try it without deadening the back doors and go from there. I could address that later down the road if I don't have enough left over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.