Factory rear panel install

Rzza

Detroit
I've been building this SQ system for a few weeks now and I just realized that my Dodge Dart has speaker cutouts in the rear panel. This site doesn't allow me to post a photo, I get an error every time. Its oddly, (2) 3.5" and (1) 8 inch. My question is, will I need to build an enclosure if I drop an 8" sub in there or will my trunk act as an enclosure? I feel like my options have opened up a ton now but I just need to know the extent of use I can get from the rear deck 8".

This really depends on the sub you're using. If you want to just drop it in without an enclosure, then find a sub that works good in infinite baffle. You're probably have to do a little cutting or some type of fabrication to make it work. Make sure it has a nice seal between the trunk and cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I want to just add some full range, I have subs already. How can I add 3 speakers without adding another amp? I already have two amps. I assume I cannot use my sub amp because it's not full range. I have a 4 channel amp and 4 door speakers already. Can I share channels?

I think I want to just add some full range, I have subs already. How can I add 3 speakers without adding another amp? I already have two amps. I assume I cannot use my sub amp because it's not full range. I have a 4 channel amp and 4 door speakers already. Can I share channels?
Theres no point of adding a 3rd full range speaker honestly. It's better if you just use the last 2 channels for a pair of rear speakers and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 4 door speakers and 2 subs in the trunk. I want to fill in the speaker holes in the back panel, it's (2) 3.5" and (1) 8". What type of speakers would you be putting in there? I want it louder and more SQ

I was thinking about switching my 4 channel to a 5 channel and using the 5th for a full range 8" speaker that fits in the hole. Is this a bad idea? I can turn down the speaker levels on the 4 doors if I have to, in order to hear the 8" better.

I have 4 door speakers and 2 subs in the trunk. I want to fill in the speaker holes in the back panel, it's (2) 3.5" and (1) 8". What type of speakers would you be putting in there? I want it louder and more SQ
I was thinking about switching my 4 channel to a 5 channel and using the 5th for a full range 8" speaker that fits in the hole. Is this a bad idea? I can turn down the speaker levels on the 4 doors if I have to, in order to hear the 8" better.
sounds like your idea of SQ is sound quantity rather than quality. There is no SQ when rear speakers are involved. 5 channels are basically 4 channels and subwoofer amp combined into one.

What you need to do is do a proper front stage setup with quality drivers, good head unit that can run active network crossovers and powerful amp with 150 watts to the mid and tweet along with acoustical door treatments. Sound quality and sound stage will be much better than whatever you had planned and you will be loud enough to be heard a football field away.

sounds like your idea of SQ is sound quantity rather than quality. There is no SQ when rear speakers are involved. 5 channels are basically 4 channels and subwoofer amp combined into one.

What you need to do is do a proper front stage setup with quality drivers, good head unit that can run active network crossovers and powerful amp with 150 watts to the mid and tweet along with acoustical door treatments. Sound quality and sound stage will be much better than whatever you had planned and you will be loud enough to be heard a football field away.
Don't forget about surround sound upmixers and differential rear fill. But I doubt the OP can do that.

u can run 8 4 ohm speakers off a 4 channel amp.. that said don't put more speakers in rear, speakers should be in front of u.. sounds like u need better front speakers with bigger 2 channel amp instead of 4 and just run rears on hu..

So what you say makes sense so I went to my car and apparently I have 3 empty speaker holes in my front dash for (3) 3.5". My question to you is, how do I install them and have my head unit recognize them so I can adjust them properly? Thanks!

Yeah I came here for answers because my shop literally cannot answer my questions regarding speaker resistance. If you are sick of replying to noob questions then you should just disregard them and move on. What's the point in replying to a question saying "I don't think you're getting it"? Yeah obviously I am not that's why I asked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.