Experienced Speaker Knowledge NEEDED

Participant count
  • Participant list

JackRobinson25

Uk
i have a peugeot 206 2006 hatchback

i want to install 4 new speakers but finding it hard to know what speakers to buy.

i would like loud music but a high thumping bass however i have £100 at the moment,

i wish to buy a subwoofer maybe at a later date, so just speakers atm.

your help would be much appreciated.

thank you

Buy a 5 channel amp first, amp your stock speakers while putting a high pass crossover on them then add a subwoofer later on.

Speaker swaps within your budget usually results in sh*ttier than stock sound quality.

Buy a 5 channel amp first, amp your stock speakers while putting a high pass crossover on them then add a subwoofer later on.
Speaker swaps within your budget usually results in sh*ttier than stock sound quality.
1 of my speakers popped so they might aswell be replaced

1 of my speakers popped so they might aswell be replaced
So here's a lowdown of what you are getting yourself into with cheap aftermarket speakers. If you dont follow these install techniques, the aftermarkets will sound like sh*t. You also need to add power along with a proper head head unit with proper audio functions. Stock head units have their own EQ cuve that is optimized for stock speakers not aftermarkets along with stock head units being extremely weak signal wise and power wise. If you were buying more expensive speakers, then it would be a bit more forgiving however its gonna be double to triple your budget.

So here's a lowdown of what you are getting yourself into with cheap aftermarket speakers. If you dont follow these install techniques, the aftermarkets will sound like sh*t. You also need to add power along with a proper head head unit with proper audio functions. Stock head units have their own EQ cuve that is optimized for stock speakers not aftermarkets along with stock head units being extremely weak signal wise and power wise. If you were buying more expensive speakers, then it would be a bit more forgiving however its gonna be double to triple your budget.

ok so i have no interest in all that work can you link me some speakers please that cut out all that crap cheers.

206 Speaker Specs.

Diameters:

Front: 16.5-17cm (6½")

Rear: 13cm (5¼")

Depth Restrictions:

Front: 60mm (2¼") *note this can be increased to 76mm (3") see fitting guide below.

Rear (3-door): no restriction

Rear (5-door): 70mm (if factory plastic rear cover is removed)

Speaker Type

Front: 2-way component speaker setup (separate woofers & tweeters)

Rear: Full-range speakers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/i19/Vauxhall-Corsa-Front-Speakers-Pioneer-speakers-adapter/B00JEWIPT8

my cousin has these standard in her car and i think there good so if thats any help

hmm that means you have pretty low standards then by all means get those. Look into morel tempo or maximo if you want a higher quality but warmer laid back sound signature. Focal polyglass if you want brighter.
i just want loud music with that good bass feeling nothing big just last speakers used to muffle or sizzle with the bass

i just want loud music with that good bass feeling nothing big just last speakers used to muffle or sizzle with the bass
yeah thats the issue its not just the speaker's fault, its the door its going in. Thats why i listed those videos. Without doing that, you arent getting any kind of bass out of your speakers. You cant escape bad car acoustics, you cant fight physics plain and simple. Thats why i said most of the times aftermarket upgrades become a disaster for people because they dont grasp the concept of a proper install and tune and how BIIIIIIG of a difference it makes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.