Dudeogo's Mazdaspeed 3 Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
So definitely decided to go taramps on my mids, so if anyone shows interest in a Machete 80.4 or a JL Audio 300/4 I will make a full classifieds listing for either. No use for them so will sell fairly cheap and ship! 

with how cheap taramps 3ks are I could grab 2 and still be under $400 on amps. That's just wild. Will have to see what I need to do to support them. Shitty thing about my car is that it is a double regulated charging system. Meaning that even if I put a 2,000,000 amp alternator under the hood (lol) it will still only put out 110 amps unless I do a fully externally regulated system and I don't know how having an externally regulated single alt will affect my car's sensors because I have not messed with one before. Please reply with insight I would greatly appreciate it. 

Don't mean to leave the build thread dormant! It is midterms time at my college so I have been very busy with school and the project has sat a little bit. The first layer of glass is on the doors. Got a lot of cleaning to do but it is coming along. My Soundigital 5k is being shipped right now and have a meeting for a possible sponsorship later this week. Door update photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAGx8QmtJNkrzfMm8

5k Will be here monday. Just picked up a Northstar group 31 thats still in warranty for $100. What a deal. Got a line on another for a similar price so will hop on that. Doing some sanding and filling on the driver door today. Hoping to have it ready for paint by the end of the weekend. Decided to go 2 15s instead of a single. 

Is there a reason you cant simply link the pics like any other forum?
Force of habit really. They used to have some problems with it. Also It is much quicker this way because they are already in my google cloud and i don’t have to wait for them to upload to the site especially when I share a lot at once. Videos as well which is the big kicker. 

Force of habit really. They used to have some problems with it. Also It is much quicker this way because they are already in my google cloud and i don’t have to wait for them to upload to the site especially when I share a lot at once. Videos as well which is the big kicker. 
You link them, not upload...

Just found a PSI Built 18 with an RD Audio Alpha motor for $150 and a second motor and basket for just $50! I don't know how I find some of these deals but they're welcome to keep on coming! lol. So the bass side of the build will now be 2 18s

the box has been designed for the 2 RD/PSI 18s and my other recone from PSI has been paid for and is being built right now and my basket will be here monday! decided to go 3 way on the mids now so will be redoing the doors and adding 4 4" drivers to each door to handle midrange and leave the midbass to the 8s. Should be getting them and possibly my DD processor next check. 

Going with 2 10" bigass ports 10 cubes tuned at 34hz. We will see how it does. triple baffle and bottom, double walls, resin and braced inside and epoxy coated on the outside. Building the box to take much more power than I have so when I make the switch in bass amps (AAK 20k?? :)  ) the box won't need to change much. Will post pics as the box starts showing real progress. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.