DS18? Newbie alert

Make sure this'll fit... I stayed close to Sundowns recommended box specs. 

tqO2i9.jpg

If you'd like plans Pm me and we'll go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Shredder, I appreciate all the info, but it looks way outta my budge range, I may just keep this bookmarked and come back once I've saved enough

Hey Shredder, I appreciate all the info, but it looks way outta my budge range, I may just keep this bookmarked and come back once I've saved enough
Ok... idk your budget but an 12ev3, in a diy Enclosure and a S1-850 amp  is a fairly inexpensive decent bass option IMO.

There are cheaper subs that would easily out preform what he was originally looking at in the right box of course. Idk 260 plus wiring kit and some MDF seems well within his 500$ budget. I'll take a stab in the dark and say building a box is the issue. No idea what it cost to have a box built but even if all ya have is a circular saw and a jig saw it can be done... Really not too difficult to build box if that's the issue. Especially if someone else has done the design work.

So I've totally disregarded the DS16s after a little research, but I am totally brand new to all this, so pardon my ignorance 😂 - but you guys are recommending just the single 12" sundown with the S1-850? I could get a box built I'm sure, should I go sealed, vented, or bandpass? Should I go for a system with individual parts picked? Do prebuilt systems just not preform as well or are they overpriced? 

EDIT - just saw all the above suggestions - Ya'll are the ****, I'm going to make a list on amazon and link it to double check (might buy em elsewhere) just to pull it all together and get a buddy to build me a box and wire it.. Thank you all

There's a fella up this way running those DS18 subs (their big 4" coil ones) and they're pretty solid for what they are.  I think the issue is any of those "all in one" kits are generally poor performers.   If at all possible buying things separate and buying/building a proper box would be far superior.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.