COMPLAINT!!! / Also Type X questions

use google to search caraudio.com
works much better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i thought about that, i use firefox, so i have that google search bar at the top, and it would be sweet if i could set it to "search current site" or something like that.

oh well, turns out im a liar...i ve just heard Idmax setups, ive never owned one, the person must have had a crappy setup

ive always liked idmax for some reason though, id say go for it

As for my speaker selection, a type x will still get noticeably louder than a type r right? Like I said, I built a system for my friend in his single cab f-150 with a type R in a small sealed box as the floor console. And that thing sounds great and gets loud for a cheap sub in a sealed box on a profile amp. But I am really interested in SQ for this project (I’ve had SPL for a while now) so I’m leaning towards the type x now. I think it would give me quite a bit of sound. Should I seal one or port it?

As for my speaker selection, a type x will still get noticeably louder than a type r right? Like I said, I built a system for my friend in his single cab f-150 with a type R in a small sealed box as the floor console. And that thing sounds great and gets loud for a cheap sub in a sealed box on a profile amp. But I am really interested in SQ for this project (I’ve had SPL for a while now) so I’m leaning towards the type x now. I think it would give me quite a bit of sound. Should I seal one or port it?
a type R will be noticeably louder than a type X, actually... the type X definitely sounds better - like i said, one of the best sounding drivers out there.

The RL-P is also worth a look as far as SQ, great SQ woof, but lacks the extension of the type X.. the type X also gets a slight bit louder, but nothing to be extremely noticeable.

The Type X is definitely one of the best SQ subs I've owned/heard. It is not particularly efficient and won't be the best bet for SPL. But its loooowwww end extension and enthusiastic and accurate reproduction of those ranges, is very hard to beat.

Keep in mind that they just barely get out of bed and haven't had their coffee yet, until you feed them a piping hot cup of 1000 Watts. They need the current to move around the big ol' motor/piston with authority.

Also, sealed is the way to go. They'll work fine in a proper ported enclosure but their T/S params indicate that they are particularly at home in a sealed cabinet.

Yep, RL-P is also an excellent choice. Probably the slightly more accurate (SQ) of the two, and definitely easier to make louder than the Type X, plus only needs about half the power, but doesn't quite have the extreme low-end of the Type-X, as previously mentioned by Spkrman. If you're wanting a 10", RL-P's are out, since they're available in 12" and 15".

I'd take a Type X over an MTX 9500 in a hurry.

actually the X is very happy in the right ported box... but they are extremely picky - as are subs with spec like these.

A high QTS woofer has the stigma of being a sealed box woof, but in reality they make superb ported woofs, just harder to make work.

And yea, actually the RL-P will be more effeciant, but the type X does get louder with more power.

I have installed a 12 Type X, and it sounds very nice and loud in a ported box, but it IS aimed at SQ, and for a 10, a relatively small sealed enclosure is perfect for it. car audio magizine did a review on one a few months ago, and it explains it well. You said you are going for SQ, so the Type X is definetly your choice. Very good driver, and top SQ.

to search for type x ... go to search, click it, type in "type x" with the parenthesis, then click search //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Type X is definitely one of the best SQ subs I've owned/heard. It is not particularly efficient and won't be the best bet for SPL. But its loooowwww end extension and enthusiastic and accurate reproduction of those ranges, is very hard to beat.
Keep in mind that they just barely get out of bed and haven't had their coffee yet, until you feed them a piping hot cup of 1000 Watts. They need the current to move around the big ol' motor/piston with authority.

Also, sealed is the way to go. They'll work fine in a proper ported enclosure but their T/S params indicate that they are particularly at home in a sealed cabinet.

Yep, RL-P is also an excellent choice. Probably the slightly more accurate (SQ) of the two, and definitely easier to make louder than the Type X, plus only needs about half the power, but doesn't quite have the extreme low-end of the Type-X, as previously mentioned by Spkrman. If you're wanting a 10", RL-P's are out, since they're available in 12" and 15".

I'd take a Type X over an MTX 9500 in a hurry.
thats ok that it likes sealed, because so do i. i kindof wanted a sealed woofer anyway. i think im definately going to get that type x now, unless someone can thisk of a woofer with that kind of power handling and SQ for 200 or less

i think i am also going to get a 6.5" PG xenon component set. for 99 shipped...any alternative suggestions for that? 150 RMS good midbass?

I have heard that the pgs are good altough never really hearing them in person...
thanks for the input-- i'm in the same boat. ive heard they are decent, but i haven heard em, and know one in town carries em.

to search for type x ... go to search, click it, type in "type x" with the parenthesis, then click search //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i tried that;)

type x's are tight, they want power though

1,000rms is the minumum on it and you can jst tell its starving for more, i would say 2,000w RMS to get it moving properly, no sense buying a sub like that if you dont have the power to push it because you could buy a more efficeint sub to fit your power and it would more than likely hit harder

but i dont know what power your workin with so your probably all good

type x's are tight, they want power though1,000rms is the minumum on it and you can jst tell its starving for more, i would say 2,000w RMS to get it moving properly, no sense buying a sub like that if you dont have the power to push it because you could buy a more efficeint sub to fit your power and it would more than likely hit harder

but i dont know what power your workin with so your probably all good
type X will not handle more than 1000 watts in a typical setup. Thats 1000 actual watts RMS... which is tyipcally what you can expect out of your average 1500-2000 watt amp. It handles power right up to its mechanical limits almost indefinitely, however... too bad it does nothing with that power lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.