COMPLAINT!!! / Also Type X questions

type x's are tight, they want power though1,000rms is the minumum on it and you can jst tell its starving for more, i would say 2,000w RMS to get it moving properly, no sense buying a sub like that if you dont have the power to push it because you could buy a more efficeint sub to fit your power and it would more than likely hit harder

but i dont know what power your workin with so your probably all good
Thanks for trying to help, but this statement seem pretty ignorant, I haven’t heard of any sub that you are supposed to give twice the recommended RMS power. Just sounds like a recipe for a burnt sub.

And I’m not buying a sub to fit an amp that I have, I am buying a sub to fit my needs, then I will buy an amp to fit the subs needs.

Have you ever owned this sub? If so, have you given it 2000RMS from a good amp....or are we talking "Pyramid", or "Legacy" watts?

Thanks for trying to help, but this statement seem pretty ignorant, I haven’t heard of any sub that you are supposed to give twice the recommended RMS power. Just sounds like a recipe for a burnt sub. And I’m not buying a sub to fit an amp that I have, I am buying a sub to fit my needs, then I will buy an amp to fit the subs needs.

Have you ever owned this sub? If so, have you given it 2000RMS from a good amp....or are we talking "Pyramid", or "Legacy" watts?
i had one on a pair of strapped memphis 1000d's...wired to 2 ohm they put out 1050 actual measured watts (yes, pretty typical ACTUAL power results)

The sub handled it all the way to the point of clipping all dam day... how do i know? Because it took that much just to get it loud! Then again, 142.x (if i remember) at 42hz isn't that bad, particularly while the SQ kicked major ass... but not even close to the 145 the type R put out in the same box... and yea, that was the box the type X liked the most, and the type R didnt particularly favor it.

A friend of mine just got a 12 Type X installed in his Firebird. Its in a ported Pro Box and it slams hard. The best sounding sub I have ever heard. The hatchback has alot to do with it, but dang it wangs. He has a Alpine V12 600 watt amp hooked up to it. I tried to talk him into getting a 1200 watt amp, but he didnt think he needed it. Well its been 2 weeks since he has had it and he came over and asked if he could throw my JBL 1200.1 onto it. Defintaly sounded alot better. That thing got crazy loud. Like I said before: hatchback, makes me want to get one now. I think he is going to get a 1200 watt amp now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A friend of mine just got a 12 Type X installed in his Firebird. Its in a ported Pro Box and it slams hard. The best sounding sub I have ever heard. The hatchback has alot to do with it, but dang it wangs. He has a Alpine V12 600 watt amp hooked up to it. I tried to talk him into getting a 1200 watt amp, but he didnt think he wanted anymore. Well its been 2 weeks since he has had it and he came over and asked if he could throw my JBL 1200.1 onto it. Defintaly sounded alot better. That thing got crazy loud. Like I said before: hatchback, makes me want to get one now. I think he is going to get a 1200 watt amp now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
what amp is he going to get. a bigger amp will help the signal, as far as clipping goes.

Just read through it, Quotations always worked for me, especially if i was searching for something RE related.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.