cheap RCAs - make a difference?

The cheap way... EQS746 CLARION EQ 7 BAND EQUALIZER AUX. 7 VOLT SUB SUBWOOFER SPEAKERS PRE AMP | eBay ,.. There are others cheaper, but, anyone here will tell Ya'... something like this is not a bad investment!
its a super bad investment. Creates more issues than solves in a lot of installs. Units are noisy as fk.

Yes, I have read the thread... I see that even if others did not... look man, you could run balanced Zapco equipment if you like... $$$... I'm just sayin' something to boost the signal is not a bad idea... Audiocontrol 3.2 or similar is DEFINITELY in your future... that amp really puts out... Just set the gains correctly!
you dont need any signal boosting. A strong clean signal from the head unit alone is best. Too many things in the signal line causes loss along with increased chance of noise along with messed up pre-out signals that can easily distort the signal.

Most things you'll have in the signal line is a DSP and thats it. any audiocontrol line out or line driver is completely worthless and creates more problems then solves. The countless amounts of installs i had to fix with people using stuff like this is ridiculous. At first they were hard headed and wanted to keep everything. Redid proper grounds and grounded rcas, grounded the line driver units to a proper ground. Nothing worked. They finally agreed to take it out. VIOLA music was waay better, no noise whatsoever. Stereo imaging came back. they all admit that whatever signal booster/eq and whatever else they use was a bad idea.

I'll consider this... I'll admit a 4v signal is good and he said he spread the wires to the rear... Silence is golden... I on the other hand have a sub 2V head and it pays to boost it... You're correct... I just spouted off without researching the head..

$50 dollars for 50 ft... I had to pay for 2 runs under the car... When it begins to fail, I'll do otherwise...
lol so your a fix it again or even 3rd time type of guy...I see. Waste time/money. I on the otherhand and I speak for some of us here, why the **** not make it right the 1st time around? That way, you don't need to go back and redo.

I'll consider this... I'll admit a 4v signal is good and he said he spread the wires to the rear... Silence is golden... I on the other hand have a sub 2V head and it pays to boost it... You're correct... I just spouted off without researching the head..
2v is fine considering most modern amps can only take 6v.

Rarely does noise come from lack of preout voltage. It's normally a ground.

I would not trust a cheap line driver. I do love Zed Audio Ra though, wouldn't do without it.

That said some process of elimination can reveal where noise is coming from and new RCA or re routing RCA may or may not fix it.

In my case, upgrading my cheap rcas made a difference on my sub. I had a local shop install everything, including the sub rcas. like yourself, I plan to upgrade my sub so I had to do some rewiring and I purchased knukonceptz rcas for mids and bass. I had a big difference from just swapping rcas to knukonceptz (I changed nothing else when I noticed the difference). My bass gets low @ higher volume. I feel like the cheap rcas would suffocate the bass at a certain volume where now its full! Best 25.00 investment imo.

Knu doesn't make the best cables.

But I gained nothing moving to the soundrives. Atleast nothing I could hear. But my cables only go a few inches. I never had a issue with them in the old car and it had all 6 runs

Knu doesn't make the best cables. But I gained nothing moving to the soundrives. Atleast nothing I could hear. But my cables only go a few inches. I never had a issue with them in the old car and it had all 6 runs
I got Soundrives because I got them cheap, due to my sub wait time.

Don't think I gained anything. RCA's are one of those things where after a certain point, there's no reason to spend more. Still, bad ones can wreck a system

I got Soundrives because I got them cheap, due to my sub wait time.
Don't think I gained anything. RCA's are one of those things where after a certain point, there's no reason to spend more. Still, bad ones can wreck a system
I neeed 6in cables. There are not many options and most cost well over soundrive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.