cheap RCAs - make a difference?

slm9s

WA state
When I did my first install for a smaller system, I ran cheap RCA cables from a Pyle 4 gauge amp kit.

I'm putting in a new sub and amp. I will also be re-grounding the headunit (and amps) to try and get rid of a slight whine and running a 2/0 power cable down the opposite side of the car from the RCAs. While I have things apart, should I upgrade to better RCAs? Would they make a difference?

(system is pioneer 3200bt, kenwood amp to infiniti components, CAB 1600.1 to CAB 12 Ultra)

some times cheap rcs are better actually.. but any rca can get whine, just try different set my stingers were like $15 on ebay, but name brand really don't matter..

Move your power wires away from the RCA's... That alone will make you golden but the better quality RCA's you run will have a better result. Preamp or line-drive the signal before you send it to the rear... Stamp out ALL that noise!.. Ask anyone...

The cheap way... EQS746 CLARION EQ 7 BAND EQUALIZER AUX. 7 VOLT SUB SUBWOOFER SPEAKERS PRE AMP | eBay ,.. There are others cheaper, but, anyone here will tell Ya'... something like this is not a bad investment!
That's actually not a good investment.

It's a mono EQ, it will do nothing to help match both sides of the car. If you have a 10db dip on one side of the car and have to cut the opposite side to match it up then you are cutting another 10db off the bad side. Which is the purpose of a EQ.

Most get these and turn them all up, serious clipping. Also it's a good chance to introduce noise.

Did I hear Pyle!.. Let me reread... Thank goodness I see at least CAB... Juice your signal... you won't be disappointed with that amp... " I run 2 strapped"... at 1 ohm you might need at least a battery, I did... PYLE!.. LOL!

Thanks guys.
I see people missed that i'm running 2/0 power cable.

And yes, they are on different sides of the car.
OH u the 1 with the gto.. yeah i though u said different sides of car up top or i woulda said that.. u need at least 2ga for sure for cab,, u runing at 2 ohms right? let us know how that ultra sounds

Yes, I have read the thread... I see that even if others did not... look man, you could run balanced Zapco equipment if you like... $$$... I'm just sayin' something to boost the signal is not a bad idea... Audiocontrol 3.2 or similar is DEFINITELY in your future... that amp really puts out... Just set the gains correctly!

OH u the 1 with the gto.. yeah i though u said different sides of car up top or i woulda said that.. u need at least 2ga for sure for cab,, u runing at 2 ohms right? let us know how that ultra sounds
Yeah, that's me. I'm trying to think of all the things I need to do while I have the car torn apart.

I'll let you know how it sounds.

I need to read up on how set the gains.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.