Can I run my subs off of different amps?

09VIC

Atlanta
I currently have an ssl 5000d hooked up to two dvc4 alpine type R's at 1 ohm. I have been made aware that amp can't cleanly supply my subs with enough power so I plan to either purchase a cab 1600 or an audiopipe 1800 to replace it. In the meantime until I get the money I have a belva bb2000 amp hooked up but not powering anything so I was wondering if I could run my subs off of the two different amps wired to 2 ohms. My subs share a box with their own chambers but a common port. My ssl will make 800 at 2 ohm and I haven't seen a Dyno for the bb2000 but the bb3000 did 900 at 2 ohms so the bb2000 should be good for 600 rms (my goal for each).

can i smoke crack while getting head? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you wont see any output increase..

can i smoke crack while getting head? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifyou wont see any output increase..
I want them to get cleaner power which I assume they would at 2 ohms. If they are slightly out of phase with each other can it damage my subs?

I want them to get cleaner power which I assume they would at 2 ohms. If they are slightly out of phase with each other can it damage my subs?
No it won't damage anything. The power will be as clean as you set it. You control that with the volume and gain knob.

I currently have an ssl 5000d hooked up to two dvc4 alpine type R's at 1 ohm. I have been made aware that amp can't cleanly supply my subs with enough power so I plan to either purchase a cab 1600 or an audiopipe 1800 to replace it. In the meantime until I get the money I have a belva bb2000 amp hooked up but not powering anything so I was wondering if I could run my subs off of the two different amps wired to 2 ohms. My subs share a box with their own chambers but a common port. My ssl will make 800 at 2 ohm and I haven't seen a Dyno for the bb2000 but the bb3000 did 900 at 2 ohms so the bb2000 should be good for 600 rms (my goal for each).
Your much better off running that CAB amp, if you get one, compared to others. If you got the big 3 done and/or aftermarket HO alt, you should hear a dramatic increase over those mentioned amps as far as output, once gain is properly set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.