cheap RCAs - make a difference?

I got Soundrives because I got them cheap, due to my sub wait time.
Don't think I gained anything. RCA's are one of those things where after a certain point, there's no reason to spend more. Still, bad ones can wreck a system
just lasted longer. knu after a year started losing output. Still running these with no losses for 3+ years.

I had 5 dollar monoprice RCAs that flat out destroyed knukonceptz in terms of build quality and performance. Gold plated thick connectors, thick cable.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=5348&seq=1&format=2
1st thing i said was sometimes cheaper ones are better.. we'd have nice stingers in cars with noise in speakers run the $3 set over the seats and noise stopped so used those (at shop i worked at) i have 20ft set of purple rcas in a junk box here probably work fine ($shop was charging like $89 for those 15 yrs ago) i just don't use them..

RCA is a conductor with a shield around it. i personally got these..

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38895_Stinger-SI8417.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp38895&sc_intid=38895&adtype=pla&lsft=adtype%3Apla&gclid=CjwKEAjw07nJBRDG_tvshefHhWQSJABRcE-Z0bj7v72Ou9jIHTK0a0D7M3siHdNCaUxcnw4g8F8S0RoCYjfw_wcB

not many people realize this but low voltage conductivity is pretty critical in order to avoid losses. just like power wire going cheap can bit you in the ***.

RCA is a conductor with a shield around it. i personally got these..https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38895_Stinger-SI8417.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp38895&sc_intid=38895&adtype=pla&lsft=adtype%3Apla&gclid=CjwKEAjw07nJBRDG_tvshefHhWQSJABRcE-Z0bj7v72Ou9jIHTK0a0D7M3siHdNCaUxcnw4g8F8S0RoCYjfw_wcB

not many people realize this but low voltage conductivity is pretty critical in order to avoid losses. just like power wire going cheap can bit you in the ***.
Twisted pair only works for balenced inputs and if you open those up you will see the shielding isn't connected to anything. Just like their premium cables. All audiofool fluff.

Yes we have dissected them.

Twisted pair only works for balenced inputs and if you open those up you will see the shielding isn't connected to anything. Just like their premium cables. All audiofool fluff. Yes we have dissected them.
its a aluminum shield simply to keep EMF out. i didn't buy them for anything other than sliver plated copper conductors and triple shielding

oh whats that? I smell

6baa91b7387ad54a0287f3fe0aab9386.png

Twisted pair only works for balenced inputs and if you open those up you will see the shielding isn't connected to anything. Just like their premium cables. All audiofool fluff. Yes we have dissected them.
the sheild shOULDn't be connected. the shields themselves should have an insulator between each shield. the drain should also be isolated..

oh whats that? I smell
6baa91b7387ad54a0287f3fe0aab9386.png
i'm an electrician i deal with cable 2x that price that's shielded for very low amperage controls..

4mh to 20mh on the analog devices

its critical no EMI get in these conductors or it would/could shut the entire plant down.

3 parts to the cable.

you have shields

drains

and conductors. they are all isolated from each other. there is not snake oil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.