Can someone verify the Cu. Ft.?

Ok, I see the bottom part wasn't cut yet for the hump. I started the box using some cheap plywood that needs attention. I'm just test fitting right now. It will be dual chamber with a port on each side. I'm no stranger to box building and can't see paying someone to do it for me. This box is for 4 6.5s. It is 8.25 in the front and 55" width.

View attachment 31578View attachment 31579View attachment 31580

So, what 6-½'s did you go with?

You might want to silicone the inside of that box. That "Birch" that you are using is kind of a pain in the azz to work with. Are you going to pre-drill holes and screw the box together?

Screenshot_20210819-004356_Chrome.jpg

You might want to silicone the inside of that box. That "Birch" that you are using is kind of a pain in the azz to work with. Are you going to pre-drill holes and screw the box together?

View attachment 31581
I know how to fix what you circled. I'm making the box for someone else. Audio Legion 6.5 s25. I think they are very similar to the Skar evl? I usually don't mess with screws. I glue and clamp. I like Loctite 8x or the max version. I've never had a box break apart with Loctite. I use a brad nailer on the bracing. Those are a few unnecessary pics of some of my tools, but I was trying to show the brad nailer. That's my favorite Loctite adhesive. I don't care for Titebond or liquid nails. I know there are better 6.5s, but this person I'm making it for is cheap. This isn't Birch, it is some cheap pine plywood. Birch is way better than this stuff.
20210612_185413.jpg
20210616_154354.jpg
20210704_182957.jpg

I know how to fix what you circled. I'm making the box for someone else. Audio Legion 6.5 s25. I think they are very similar to the Skar evl? I usually don't mess with screws. I glue and clamp. I like Loctite 8x or the max version. I've never had a box break apart with Loctite. I use a brad nailer on the bracing. Those are a few unnecessary pics of some of my tools, but I was trying to show the brad nailer. That's my favorite Loctite adhesive. I don't care for Titebond or liquid nails. I know there are better 6.5s, but this person I'm making it for is cheap. This isn't Birch, it is some cheap pine plywood. Birch is way better than this stuff. View attachment 31586View attachment 31584View attachment 31585
Really thought about getting some of those 6.5’s from Audio Legion but not sure if I will even get them if I ordered them. Last thing I ordered was a comp set that was missing the tweeters. Not to mention that you can’t get in touch with anyone from there.

Really thought about getting some of those 6.5’s from Audio Legion but not sure if I will even get them if I ordered them. Last thing I ordered was a comp set that was missing the tweeters. Not to mention that you can’t get in touch with anyone from there.
I knew about the negative stuff about them before I ordered, but my order should arrive by Friday. I heard the owner is calling it quits. I took a chance because of the low price, and I wanted a 6.5 with a 2 inch coil. I think Audio Legion is just trying to get rid of everything. They are $20 cheaper than the Skar evl which came out to $80 cheaper for me.

I knew about the negative stuff about them before I ordered, but my order should arrive by Friday. I heard the owner is calling it quits. I took a chance because of the low price, and I wanted a 6.5 with a 2 inch coil. I think Audio Legion is just trying to get rid of everything. They are $20 cheaper than the Skar evl which came out to $80 cheaper for me.
I’ve got a couple of amps from them once the sales started, they seem to be fine. So then I decided to purchase a set of the components. They are new and look good but no tweeters were in the box. Tried to call and talk to someone but they never answer the phone. This was about 1-1.5 months ago. I figured their inventory was just about diminished so I was hesitant to ordering some of those 6.5’s.
When did you order?

I’ve got a couple of amps from them once the sales started, they seem to be fine. So then I decided to purchase a set of the components. They are new and look good but no tweeters were in the box. Tried to call and talk to someone but they never answer the phone. This was about 1-1.5 months ago. I figured their inventory was just about diminished so I was hesitant to ordering some of those 6.5’s.
When did you order?
I ordered on Sunday or Monday and received fedex tracking email the next day

4 - 6-½" Audio Legion subs behind the seat of a 2008 Chevy standard cab truck on a 1,000 watt Avatar amp. They are in a ported box and I'm not sure on the frequency, but I'm sure that it's around 33 hz.

20210819_233653.jpg
20210819_233635.jpg
20210819_233714.jpg

I'm not sure, but if they are calling for 5.71" you could always cut out the holes 5-⅝" and go from there.
I already know 5.625" is too small. I was asking because I noticed different cutout sizes from different brands, but I thought across the board they'd have similar cutout sizes but they don't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...