Burning smell with EVERY subwoofer I seem to use? Brand new L7 now.

I think you're getting the idea

Pretty much nailed it. IMO you are running that L7 at its limits and risk hurting it. The 9500 is a **** good woofer, the only thing wrong with it IMO is the price tag, but at 400$ it isn't terrible. That should handle 1200W continuous power (sine wave round the clock).

Sorry you ran into such douche-baggery here.
$400 for a 1200w RMS sub is not a good price at all.

$400 for a 1200w RMS sub is not a good price at all.

400$ is a fair price for a 4" coil sub, show me another one for less... even audioque 4" coil is >400$. All things equal 4" coil should hold 1600W thermal power. 9500 is a solid and good sounding sub.

So what shop in Atlanta did you go to? And by the way my **** has been smellin like that for 3 years now. If your anything like me and listen to your music loud, hard and to the max its gonna smell!

So what shop in Atlanta did you go to? And by the way my **** has been smellin like that for 3 years now. If your anything like me and listen to your music loud, hard and to the max its gonna smell!
I ran 1500 RMS to a pair of CVR 15s and they didn't smell once...even clipping them to hell they never smelled...

Cause your pre out voltage from your maxed out line driver is to high for that amp. Is bass boost on or the HUs bass up?
This. All Kicker amps accept up to true 5v preamp voltage. If you have that line driver putting out 8v, you are sending a clipped signal to your subs. That's why you were smelling it before the L7 and now with the L7. Take the line driver out, utilize the gain function on the amp to match the output signal of your HU, set it with no clipping and enjoy your music - the smell.

I ran 1500 RMS to a pair of CVR 15s and they didn't smell once...even clipping them to hell they never smelled...
well who-ray for your cvr 15's. pfft!
I ran 3k to Solo Xs in a box more than 2x the spec size for 6 years and they never stunk. Worthless Kicker eq...

9500 is a good sub til you pound it when its freezing out and crack the cone or something hits it while its playing and again cracks the cone....

I'm more interested in the MDF that has been smelling for 2+ years. Do you light camp fires inside your enclosure???

Just cuz you went to a shop doesn't mean they know what they're doing...your coils are getting stinky plain and simple. Doesn't matter what sub you buy, you need to learn how to properly set up stuff first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.