BEEP EVERY FEW SECONDS

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Central Maine
Most likely some internal failure in that head unit. Not sure what they'd charge you to pull one out of one of those cars in a junk yard, but aftermarket head unit of good quality is not that much money these days so definitely don't pay hundreds of dollars for a factory head unit.

Reactions: AnthonyO

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Central FL
First Google link.

Second.

gsc1ugs

CarAudio.com Newbie
wigan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This sound is like a programmed sequence as though something is trying to look for something, i cant see being dirt controls, there is nothing in the menu either and turning TA and RDS does nothing

1aespinoza

Pharr, Texas
This sound is like a programmed sequence as though something is trying to look for something, i cant see being dirt controls, there is nothing in the menu either and turning TA and RDS does nothing
My thinking is that dirt holds moisture. Moisture from Armorall, sweat, soda or any other thing that may have gotten behind the rubber cover. You see this issue in remote controls, key fobs, window regulator controls, et cetera. I do not think both units would be looking for a folder. Maybe if the units have auto volume control, that may be the issue. If the microphones got damaged, they may be sending signal and the radio is adjusting accordingly. For this you must troubleshoot all theories.

gsc1ugs

CarAudio.com Newbie
wigan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The volume goes up and down correctly on both units, this beeping sounds like its searching its sequenced, i had a parrot system on the van so took it off thinking it was that, the controls do look clean and never know this before

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
gsc1ugs

Latest threads