Building a System! Any thoughts?

Will running Power Regulated amps help with my electrical problem? I ran into a guy the other at the VW get together and he was running over 2,000 watts on all stock electrical without a problem. I'm kind of confused now, which isn't a surprise to most. Just sayin! Also, when running two batteries, do they have to be the same brand and type? I have an Everstart AGMH6 and a standard Alliance battery that truckers use. I haven't connected them yet, due to lack of knowledge.

Will running Power Regulated amps help with my electrical problem? I ran into a guy the other at the VW get together and he was running over 2,000 watts on all stock electrical without a problem. I'm kind of confused now, which isn't a surprise to most. Just sayin! Also, when running two batteries, do they have to be the same brand and type? I have an Everstart AGMH6 and a standard Alliance battery that truckers use. I haven't connected them yet, due to lack of knowledge.

Both batteries just need to be agm and manufactured around same time.

Don't want to put a very old battery with a brand new one.

So, two AGM batteries should be sufficient for around 3,000 watts rms?

Yeah should be. I have two batteries and 100amp stock alternator powering 5k watt amp.

I don't think the rms of the amp matters too much because some amps are more efficient than others. You gotta look at how many amperes the amp pulls from your electrical system.

Just do what I did. I started off the minimum which was big 3 plus extra battery. If the extra battery wasn't enough then I would've added more like the high output alternator etc..

If your lights dim or voltage drops too much then worry about it, but don't worry about it before it even hqppens

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.