Building a System! Any thoughts?

I've never used a Taramps amp before. I would feel safer with the Vfl2k. How about an American Bass 120.1? Almost 2,000 rms @1 ohm.
The amps you mentioned are more resilient to **** electrical so they’re less likely to protect but they draw a lot of amperage. so just ensure your electrical is sound and a taramps is a good solution. A 120.1 is a great amp, if you can find one I’m jealous but they don’t make em anymore and they do pull quite a bit of amperage as well.

The math...90 amps multiplied by your voltage 13v is 1170 but your bug may consume 50% of that amerage so it’s really half of that. 585 watts

You’re a good 100 amps from having electrical for a korean 2k

The amps you mentioned are more resilient to **** electrical so they’re less likely to protect but they draw a lot of amperage. so just ensure your electrical is sound and a taramps is a good solution. A 120.1 is a great amp, if you can find one I’m jealous but they don’t make em anymore and they do pull quite a bit of amperage as well.

The math...90 amps multiplied by your voltage 13v is 1170 but your bug may consume 50% of that amerage so it’s really half of that. 585 watts

You’re a good 100 amps from having electrical for a korean 2k

I need something like this? He hit 141 with two L7's.
Screenshot_20191001-195409_YouTube.jpg

O.k., I did some research. What are your thoughts on a Taramps MD3000.1 4 ohm amp to push the AB HD15d2 at 4 ohms. It's roughly 3,000 rms. These are the specs. I highlighted the key parts to me. Thoughts?
20191002_025403.jpg
20191002_025659.jpg

Last edited:
The are great amps. I have had 11 Taramps amps and loved them all.

I’ve seen HD8000s dropped to 9 volts multiple times and shut off due to low voltage protection and they just kept coming right back on with no issues. The MD amps are even more better built. I would always wire as low as you can to combat impedance rise and if it’s too much power just lower the gain.

I fried a chine
The are great amps. I have had 11 Taramps amps and loved them all.

I’ve seen HD8000s dropped to 9 volts multiple times and shut off due to low voltage protection and they just kept coming right back on with no issues. The MD amps are even more better built. I would always wire as low as you can to combat impedance rise and if it’s too much power just lower the gain.

Bass line is even more efficient but costs more
What I mean is draws less amps than the md

130amp

I will most likely order the MD3000 4 ohm model. 3,000 watts rms @ 4 ohms @12.6 volts. Now, what do I do with the Orion XTR2500.1? It's never even been installed. BTW, what does, "I fried a chine" mean?

I will most likely order the MD3000 4 ohm model. 3,000 watts rms @ 4 ohms @12.6 volts. Now, what do I do with the Orion XTR2500.1? It's never even been installed. BTW, what does, "I fried a chine" mean?
I fried a Chinese amp. the taramps on the same electrical (but with better ground points) has worked without a problem.

When I say fried I mean there was visible smoke coming out lol

Again don't buy the 4 ohm. Buy the 1 ohm and wire to 1 ohm.

If you ever went to sell the amp you will have a very hard time selling a 4 ohm version over a 1 ohm.

Not to threadjack but would you run 2 sa12s at .5ohm with the taramps bass line amp?

Still have my 2ohm dvc sa12 that I would like to use so I figured I can purchase another 1.

I know I can wire to 2ohm which is like 3500w with bass 5k

If you ever went to sell the amp you will have a very hard time selling a 4 ohm version over a 1 ohm.

But the 4 ohm draws less current, which is what I need with my electrical in my bug.

But the 4ohm will draw less current, which is what I need with my questionable electric in my bug. Not worried about selling the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.