Building 10 sec. car..What does it take?

RetroVetro
10+ year member

Let's just say...i have around $200,000 amount of money to spend til the end of the year. This summer I'm going to treat myself n buy an Evo. How much money do you think I should spend..or how much money does it take to make that car a 10 sec. car? Money isnt' a problem for me. How much money does it take to get a 10 second car?

I just got into street racing a year ago, n my very first car.. BMW M3 just isnt cutting it for me. I wanna build a car up from scratch...into a Hatchback killer...cuz here..the Honda Hatchbacks kill other cars.

A lot of Supras you will be able to find are going to be really used, and with $200,000 grand you could easily get a brand new car and make it just as quick.

HKS or somebody made a really fast wtin turbo R32. I think the turbo kit was like $8 grand, but that doesn't seem like it would be a lot of money to you if you have $200,000 to spend on a car.

It would be an AWD VR6 twin turbo. I don't know if that would make it a "10 second car", but it would still be really fast.

Just curious, but do you know what a 10 second car means?

Take your parents 200k move out, get a job,and stop spending there money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, I know what a 10 sec. car is..n what it means. I'm willing to fix up a car n use it for legal races only... most likely the modifications to it would not be street legal anyways. My friend owns a shop... he's a top notch mechanic... he said he'd help me build up a car for free..just as long as I advertise his shop on my car. I thought it'd be good to do..since I'll learn more about engines this way. I'd just like to have a car strictly for racing... something that I can build up from stock.

Yeah..the supras.. I was thinking about getting one of those..but wasn't sure about it. I've got a couple more months to decide what to get. My M3 is built up..somewhat..but I'd like to still be able to cruise around in it..n use it as my going to work car..going to the mall car.. n still be able to comfortably fit friends n family in it. My friend suggested stripping it n making these crazy modifications..but I like it mostly for its comfort n sportiness... I still need a car to drive around legally with. But whatever car I get.. i'm willing to make it the fastest car possible in my area...mostly for pride n pride in what i've built.

I'm not suggesting that I use all of the money in one car..but it's an idea of what I'm working with n what mods im capable of making.

I'm thinking either mommy and daddy, drug dealer, or insurance scammer. 20yr old with 200k to spend on a car and his M3 (boo f*cking hoo) just isn't cutting it. My 2 cents is that if you build a 10 second car be sure to have a constant video tape running b/c you aren't living for long and I want to see the video.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm thinking either mommy and daddy, drug dealer, or insurance scammer. 20yr old with 200k to spend on a car and his M3 (boo f*cking hoo) just isn't cutting it. My 2 cents is that if you build a 10 second car be sure to have a constant video tape running b/c you aren't living for long and I want to see the video.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
x2 Hahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.