Box Building Screws or Brad Nails?

Oh yeah? I will continue to use what I want, just as you will. I bow to the greater power that you seem to think you are as I'm too busy to argue. I got an ass ton of fellow SQ competitors I have to go tell to remove there 15" and 18" subs cause they can't keep up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
nice'un.

I wouldnt even think about using nails. Hell, I wouldnt think about only using wood glue on any of my boxes either. i usually apply glue to the edges and put together and drill pilot holes then use wood screws counter sunk in for a flush look and then I calk the edges inside and Carpet the box.

I wouldnt even think about using nails. Hell, I wouldnt think about only using wood glue on any of my boxes either. i usually apply glue to the edges and put together and drill pilot holes then use wood screws counter sunk in for a flush look and then I calk the edges inside and Carpet the box.
These newbs dont agree I guess with logic. Im with you tho and many others who know how to make enclosures.

I use titebond 2, screw it together, use titebond 2 around all the edges instead of caulk because i like the way it dries. I predrill/counter sink all the holes and use deck screws. Drywall screw heads have snapped off on my before so i use the deck ones with the extra metal around the neck.

I use titebond 2, screw it together, use titebond 2 around all the edges instead of caulk because i like the way it dries. I predrill/counter sink all the holes and use deck screws. Drywall screw heads have snapped off on my before so i use the deck ones with the extra metal around the neck.
Exactly what i do. You may have been using the wrong screws though, i had the same thing happen with some of the finer thread drywall screws now i use coarse ones and theyre fine.

Audiodave what kind of liquid nails is it you put in the seams? The caulk kind or what?

I get my clamps at harbour freight they are $6 a clamp. Ok audio u said u already said that5? Your a moron. I said post up some pics of your supposed work. I bet you arnt **** I imagine. And cannot build crap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.