Box Building Screws or Brad Nails?

not anti social but whatever noob cant believe how many followers there on here. Feels like JR High all over again. You should change your title to Hand. KY coordination and bang yourself.
Why do you talk about jacking off so much, newbie?

not anti social but whatever noob cant believe how many followers there on here. Feels like JR High all over again. You should change your title to Hand. KY coordination and bang yourself.
Yup. Jr. High all over again. You need to take wood shop again if you haven't already.

Electro magnets, the enclosure adhesive of the future. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how much longer would it take to dovetail every corner including slot ports on a box?
With a router table and dovetail bits? It really doesn't take very long. It takes a lot longer to predrill every hole. You just set your fence, turn your table on and do all of the male ends on one side. Flip the fence or board and do the other side so now you have a dovetail. Then set the fence again and run all of your others through for the females. Totals maybe 15 minutes on a big box. Predrill 5+ screws per joint takes considerably longer and is not as strong. This wasn't the point though. The point is, if you're worried about strength, screws aren't the answer. A strong joint is. Screws pull out of mdf like no other so they aren't the answer. a dovetail and something to brace the corner is about as strong as you can get. Personally, I just glue, nail, and brace.

Yep, just makes your head hurt with all of the stupidity.
Not even that, just the ignorance and unwillingness to listen, and at least consider advice.

I wish I could remember the link to that adhesive shootout type thing. They tested all types of adhesive. Wood glue came out on top for wood, Liquid Nails was at the bottom.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Not even that, just the ignorance and unwillingness to listen, and at least consider advice.
I wish I could remember the link to that adhesive shootout type thing. They tested all types of adhesive. Wood glue came out on top for wood, Liquid Nails was at the bottom.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I would have to agree completely. Wood glue dries like a hard plastic and it gets into all of the pores of the wood in its liquid form. You get a great bond this way. Liquid nails is always thick. It can't get into pores and it never dries really hard. It is always semi tacky. This makes it a decent joint sealant but a horrible glue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.