4th order bandpass question

How much larger can the ported chamber be than normal?
or better yet, can it be larger?

You really need to study on the theory and design of these enclosures before attempting to build one without any plans... Just out of idle curiosity, why so interested in Bandpass??? I heard a long time ago it was as easy as putting the recommended sealed and ported enclosures for the sub together, and the guy who tried it failed miserably, LOL..... as i stated in another post, I've built a few and they turned out just fine, a guy still has one of them and after around 10 years it still sounds fine.... but that one as well as the others were built according to the manufacturers designs which made it realy easy..... designing one from scratch is not an easy thing to do.... I hope some of the guys on here that know may chime in and help you out with it, while it's not a type of enclosure that I prefer to listen to, they can be fun!

You really need to study on the theory and design of these enclosures before attempting to build one without any plans... Just out of idle curiosity, why so interested in Bandpass??? I heard a long time ago it was as easy as putting the recommended sealed and ported enclosures for the sub together, and the guy who tried it failed miserably, LOL..... as i stated in another post, I've built a few and they turned out just fine, a guy still has one of them and after around 10 years it still sounds fine.... but that one as well as the others were built according to the manufacturers designs which made it realy easy..... designing one from scratch is not an easy thing to do.... I hope some of the guys on here that know may chime in and help you out with it, while it's not a type of enclosure that I prefer to listen to, they can be fun!
I've studied it to the best of my ability //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I do stuff with car audio for fun. Especially designing and building boxes. My friend has a couple of 8"s that he has nothing to do with, so I was going to mess around and try to build a bandpass box for them, just to see what it will turn out like.

I could experiment with a design or two if you want to build it.
Could we do a tag team //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Lol, jk but I want to know how you get your specs.

0728091706.jpg

downsized_0622091837.jpg

this is mine I built and designed, I will have to find my build notes, the 3:1 sounds close. the out side dim of mine is 36x30x14 the port is tuned to around 38 hz. right now I have 300 watts going to it and it pounds, I have a jbl 1400.1 (1200 @ 4 ohm )that should be in there this week so it should be quite louder LOL

How big would the front chamber be for two 9kv.2s? (8"s)
I've never used those, mor am I familiar with them at all lol. What power are you gonna use, and do you know the reccomended sealed volume for them?

this is mine I built and designed, I will have to find my build notes, the 3:1 sounds close. the out side dim of mine is 36x30x14 the port is tuned to around 38 hz. right now I have 300 watts going to it and it pounds, I have a jbl 1400.1 (1200 @ 4 ohm )that should be in there this week so it should be quite louder LOL
Holy low tuning for a 4th.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif I bet it anialates the lows.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Best would be to upload the exact T/S specs of the driver into WinISD and fiddle around with all the volumes and tuning and have overlay the transient response over a typical ported and sealed box for reference. Just **** around with it until you get a transient response that models up nicely and then go about sketching a design that meets those specifications. Let me know if you want any help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.