Boss Audio Box Ideas

Couldn't even remember what kinda mic they used back in 2002 at that place, most times when I went with him I wasnt driving so I got drunk.

I do remember the owner of the shop had put a lot of kicker l7's and kicker amps in the demo van that he competed at big events and the mic the shop owned was **** close to the sanctions meets he went to. That's how they tested before comps. ( they spent a lot of money chasing numbers back then)

But then again who cares......... I'm tuned in for op's build, done right it could surprise people.

Couldn't even remember what kinda mic they used back in 2002 at that place, most times when I went with him I wasnt driving so I got drunk.
I do remember the owner of the shop had put a lot of kicker l7's and kicker amps in the demo van that he competed at big events and the mic the shop owned was **** close to the sanctions meets he went to. That's how they tested before comps. ( they spent a lot of money chasing numbers back then)

But then again who cares......... I'm tuned in for op's build, done right it could surprise people.
Actually have hit 146.xx for 2 sealed 15w3's in the back of my s10 blazer ran off a MTX 81000D amp. Was quite surprised.

I'm wanting to see your build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

200 bucks for entertainment is def a lot of $$...I beg to differ on that. This is totally irrelevant to the OP's experiment...but if wants to waste it away, then let him. At least afterwords, he can resell if he chooses, and recoup some of that $. Can't do that at a baseball game.
Not saying I have 200$ lost in my couch cushions, just saying a day of entertainment can add up to 200$ awfully quick for pretty much any concert, race, sporting event, theme park, dinner + hotel room + penicillin shots for a tinder hookup (looking at you, Alex).

I beg to differ about the baseball game lol.
Decent seats are at least $40 each then there is food and beer, I spent $19 for a hot dog, nachos and a drink at a Tigers game recently. Then $10 for a bottle of beer. Without a flask or any sort of pregaming you can easily push $100 per person to go to a ballgame, eat and catch a light buzz.
Try that in a city where parking is 50$ and you have a winning team so nosebleed seats are 70$ and up. I don't think you could watch the Yankees or Red Sox play at home for under 100 even without beer or a dog.

I started out with a budget build... (more or less)... then it got somewhat involved... lol... $1700 bux later I finally got what it was meant to be from the beginning... but this using super cheap equipment looks like it'll be fun... a low power build... (1000-1500 watts)... with lots of cheap subs... maybe I'll do mine like this next time
The big problem as I see it is if you did a 90's style huge cone area build and did it "right" you're still out 500$ in materials and a few days solid work so you might as well have bought one high quality sub, build the appropriate box, and got the same output at the end of it all and have stuff with resale value. Still though if someone else was paying or I had money to burn and a vehicle I'd totally like to do a 12 15" V wall in sealed box with 300W subs. Would be a fun project and I bet it would be loud enough to draw a crowd at a show.

More than likely clipped those subs to hell to to be able to get that number.
Or Audiocontrol meter, or just an SPL friendly vehicle and good box.... or some combination. I've seen some pretty ratty gear do some surprising numbers.

Sweet amp, I had one back in the day....changed colors and had some power.

My build in this day and age of huge systems will not be to impressive, and in a ext cab pickup I will not be breaking any spl records with two 12's..........but I've been thinking.

My 2 subs are wired at 1 ohm, wonder if I should get a 3rd hdc4 dvc 2ohm and drop all 3 subs to 1/2 ohm to get the most of my amp.

But with box rise will I have the power to make it worth it?

I do have great electric

Actually have hit 146.xx for 2 sealed 15w3's in the back of my s10 blazer ran off a MTX 81000D amp. Was quite surprised.
I'm wanting to see your build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
My bad I had two mix amps. One was a big plan Jane looking amp, the other had the trans color or some name like that and it would change colors.......both amps were really nice when they came out.

Back then a 1-2k amp was a big deal, now it's a small amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NateBurton

NateBurton
Fort Myers, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jar1zx