Boss Audio Box Ideas

Or blowing 200$ to see a concert or a sportsball game, or visiting a theme park, or go out sport fishing. 200$ for entertainment isn't that much money.
200 bucks for entertainment is def a lot of $$...I beg to differ on that. This is totally irrelevant to the OP's experiment...but if wants to waste it away, then let him. At least afterwords, he can resell if he chooses, and recoup some of that $. Can't do that at a baseball game.

200 bucks for entertainment is def a lot of $$...I beg to differ on that. This is totally irrelevant to the OP's experiment...but if wants to waste it away, then let him. At least afterwords, he can resell if he chooses, and recoup some of that $. Can't do that at a baseball game.
I beg to differ about the baseball game lol.

Decent seats are at least $40 each then there is food and beer, I spent $19 for a hot dog, nachos and a drink at a Tigers game recently. Then $10 for a bottle of beer. Without a flask or any sort of pregaming you can easily push $100 per person to go to a ballgame, eat and catch a light buzz.

I beg to differ about the baseball game lol.
Decent seats are at least $40 each then there is food and beer, I spent $19 for a hot dog, nachos and a drink at a Tigers game recently. Then $10 for a bottle of beer. Without a flask or any sort of pregaming you can easily push $100 per person to go to a ballgame, eat and catch a light buzz.
I've been to a few but I don't watch sports nor am I into it but I know it can be expensive. Even season tickets. So whoever tells me entertainment is cheap and not expensive is full of ****. Even the movie theatre here is dam near 12 bucks a person. Family of 4 can add up real quick.

I've been to a few but I don't watch sports nor am I into it but I know it can be expensive. Even season tickets. So whoever tells me entertainment is cheap and not expensive is full of ****. Even the movie theatre here is dam near 12 bucks a person. Family of 4 can add up real quick.
Add popcorn, drinks and other munchies... dinner first or after... wow... I'm always amazed how fast a $100 dollar bill evaporates nowadays

Seems like good idea, I haven't looked at boss subs lately.

A lot of anything with some xmax would have to get loud.

And a low power amp should work, build the right box and take to spl contest.

I'm not sure if they go by speaker cone area or rms wattage.........but someone will end up butt hurt for sure.

Add popcorn, drinks and other munchies... dinner first or after... wow... I'm always amazed how fast a $100 dollar bill evaporates nowadays
Exactly...and I know diff states are gonna have that vary in price thing too. Hell car audio is expensive lol...We all know that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Exactly...and I know diff states are gonna have that vary in price thing too. Hell car audio is expensive lol...We all know that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I started out with a budget build... (more or less)... then it got somewhat involved... lol... $1700 bux later I finally got what it was meant to be from the beginning... but this using super cheap equipment looks like it'll be fun... a low power build... (1000-1500 watts)... with lots of cheap subs... maybe I'll do mine like this next time

I started out with a budget build... (more or less)... then it got somewhat involved... lol... $1700 bux later I finally got what it was meant to be from the beginning... but this using super cheap equipment looks like it'll be fun... a low power build... (1000-1500 watts)... with lots of cheap subs... maybe I'll do mine like this next time
Same with my s10 build....I think it's upwords of 1000 by now, had a budget set aside of 500-600.

Lemme see..Clarion HU, 120

Polk Audio comps 190

ED 5 ch amp 330

DC Audio sub 150

Ok almost 800 still not bad for a smallish system...

Back in 2002 my brother did something like this.

His car was eagle talon, he went to Walmart and bought 4 jenson subs for like $50 each, put in a sealed box facing rear glass and hit 149's every meet they had at a local car audio place. (Old school mean machine on bass)

He should have been in the low watt class but it only had 2 people with 1-10 each.

He jumped in the class that had the most people in it and constantly hit 149's

Everyone else in that class had spent way more money and closest that came to him was 147.

Lots of peeps were butt hurt. He did break into 150 decibels at the end of contest. And blew away everyone on the point system for the multiple contest dates added up.

More than likely clipped those subs to hell to to be able to get that number.
They may have still been using a audiocontrol meter, instead of a termlab in 2002. Those old AC meters where known to be a bit more ‘generous’ than a TL. Especially if the air temperature was high.

They may have still been using a audiocontrol meter, instead of a termlab in 2002. Those old AC meters where known to be a bit more ‘generous’ than a TL. Especially if the air temperature was high.
True. Today's standards would prob be around the 140 ish mark.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NateBurton

NateBurton
Fort Myers, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jar1zx