Biggests baddest sub ever?!

you've seen the new 2003 Hard Kore's where? I'd like to let Anabel know this since he just started shipping these to the public. I have seen first hand a Collossus to each voice coild maxxed out with hardly any affects at all on the sub.

Originally posted by MA_Boomin' Big magnets dont mean anything. Look at that super big sub Power Acoustik out, I cant remember exact name, but it was supposed to be one the bgigest ever and could handle all this power, etc. I saw those things get fried constantly at shows and at shops around here with less than half the power they said they could take. Bigger isnt always better!

MA's new Hard Kore's will break some SPL records watch! 5k watts RMS! One big bad mf-er.
But then again, arent you contradicting yourself by saying that this sub is going to be braking records because it has a 5000 watt rms rating? I myself have never heard any MA audio product, so they may be good, its just sometimes companys tend to distort the ratings on some of their products (ie. the 3000 watt boss amp, while this amp does good power, im sure its NOWHERE near the 3000 it says). And from most of the stuff ive seen around, the more "flashy" a sub is, the less it seems to actually perform well

Originally posted by 97cavy But then again, arent you contradicting yourself by saying that this sub is going to be braking records because it has a 5000 watt rms rating? I myself have never heard any MA audio product, so they may be good, its just sometimes companys tend to distort the ratings on some of their products (ie. the 3000 watt boss amp, while this amp does good power, im sure its NOWHERE near the 3000 it says). And from most of the stuff ive seen around, the more "flashy" a sub is, the less it seems to actually perform well
Contradicting myself how? I never said anything about the magnet weight on the MA. I mentioned the 5k watt rating as a fact as most MA stuff cannot be compared to brand like Boss as most of their products are measured as watts should be measured absolute 0- to-Peak unlike those of say Boss, PA, Lanzar, etc. who rate their products based on low end peak to high end peak.

Well the way it seemed to me was like "WOW this sub can handle 5000 watts RMS, its gotta be one of the best subs ever made" maybe im just a smart ass today, maybe im just a dick, i dont know. When i actually see proof that this sub is out there holding its ground, then i will make my final judgement on it

i know for a fact i've seen 2 of them in an exlorer running off of 2 MA 4000watt 2 channel amps. the guy is sponsored by MA audio though that's how he got em.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.